Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FORMACARS Review

Post Thanks / Like

FORMACARS Review

So I was in the need for some higher wing struts to get the wing above my roll cage, I saw that FORMACARs had entered the vendor list so I sent Doug at FORMACARs a cad file of what I needed made, exchanged a few emails and he gave me a price of producing 1 and then the subsequent ones (done at same time), as I told Doug the price on doing 1 was high but not unreasonable, so I asked him to produce a set for me out of 1/2" T6061 Aluminum. So about a week later I get a package and they were very well packaged (shipped FEDEX), the quality was superb (CNC) and zero issues. The communications were spot on, never a problem, great to do business with, very reliable. Thinking about machine/custom work I would try FORMACARs and see what they can do for you.
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pics of the mounts or it didn't happen

Edit: I see you posted them in your build thread. They look great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear they worked well and they look great on the car. Can't wait to hear how the new wing performs!
    Doug
    Former Design Director at FormaCars

Post Thanks / Like
    Interested to see how those work for you. Maybe formacars should start producing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Metros,
    We would welcome the opportunity to produce wing mounts for others if anyone is interested. The caveat is, however, that the design is owned by FFRspec72 and not FormaCars. We take intellectual property very seriously and therefore cannot produce his design for anyone else without first reaching an arrangement with the design owner. If there is sufficient interest, we will pursue an agreement with Tony.

Thanks for the kind review, we look forward to working with the community to create innovative and cost effective solutions to the challenges of building superb component cars.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Just out of curiosity how much did you charge him? I would like to get some wing mounts made but I have a coupe so I'm still working out standoffs in solidworks right now. And his wouldn't work for my application anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07FIREBLADE View Post
    Just out of curiosity how much did you charge him? I would like to get some wing mounts made but I have a coupe so I'm still working out standoffs in solidworks right now. And his wouldn't work for my application anyway.
    I sent you a PM on pricing of his mounts. Of course, each design will be slightly different. We'd love to quote yours when you are ready.
    Doug
    Former Design Director at FormaCars