Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2014 WRX hatch as a donor?

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy 2014 WRX hatch as a donor?

Hi All, I had hoped to be asking this question a few years from now, but http://imgur.com/8A0STMB.jpg I got rear ended (hard) last night. Car has 50k miles and is stock, with 25k miles on the short block (warranty replaced).

I searched all the threads but couldn't find any info. Can a 2014 WRX hatch be used as a donor? Do any of the pieces fit? I haven't heard what the payout / buyback $$$ will be yet, but I love the idea of a kit car and I think my gray friend deserves a new life.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not really. The motor/trans would fit mechanically, but you'd pretty much be on your own for the electronics as 08+ are CAN based and last I heard nobody had fully managed to decode it yet.

Suspension is completely different, which wouldn't leave you a whole lot left to use other than some hardware.

In short, you'd be better off taking the pay-out or parting-out and using that to buy donor parts. (That motor/trans could almost buy a high-mileage donor itself.)

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry for you loss but glad that you're ok. take the insurance money and get something else for a daily.

As for the donor, you're better off sticking to the GD chassis code vehicle in my opinion. Take a look at this link.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...y-GT-13K-miles
    Factory Five 818c #456

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you phil1734 and Shawn818c. Maybe someday I'll come back to this project but for now, it sounds like I need to find a fun daily to get me back on the road and over the wreck. It's just stuff anyways, right?

Cheers!