Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is there a set up so the the body can be removed without removing the windshield?

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a set up so the the body can be removed without removing the windshield?

HI:
    Thinking ahead to reinstalling my body, I had to drill out some rivets under the windshield. There must be a better way! Anyone got any ideas or come up with a solution? Thanks, Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Brooklands Windscreen

Hey oldchevyguy
    I would love that option, but for the sake of safety and security, I cannot see how that would be possible as the windshield attaches to the frame. One thought I had was to use the Brooklands type windshield used years ago in racing.

That may make it legal in some states.

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be surprised if it was possible to pull the body without cracking the windshield due to the flex required in the body to get it over the door hinges/strikers?
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    I'd be surprised if it was possible to pull the body without cracking the windshield due to the flex required in the body to get it over the door hinges/strikers?
    Exactly. If you even look at these windshields wrong they break. Is it possible? Maybe, you might get lucky, but I would bet you have about a 99%+ chance of breaking it.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts