Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 121 to 160 of 199

Thread: FFR's own 818R

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    Ahhhh, I'm starting to recall a bit..... when he went down, he didn't go down FROM stock, he went back TO stock right? IE stock is 10mm, he originally had an 11mm on it, then went back to 10mm?
    I'm 95% confident I went from 11mm to 10mm. I'll have to check my old thread.

    EDIT: Yes went from 11mm to 10mm.

    "I want to think it was the 10cm oil pump. I think the 11cm oil pump was bypassing so much oil because of its higher flow volume. The oil was bypassing all the time with the 11cm, just spinning in the block heating up. I also read the 11cm is for journal bearing turbos- I have a ball bearing- that maybe part of it with the oil restrictor for the ball bearing turbo you put on????)

    I also do not think you should not have a closed vacuum block with the Element Dry Sump. The vacuum is working against the scavenge, I know Gator has his working though, but both ARE and Element told me to vent it like I have.

    I ran without the flat bottom aluminum piece under the engine. That could of helped cool everything also. I did not notice any handling issues running without it. I may suggest the new owner throw it on and try it."
    Last edited by C.Plavan; 05-07-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

  2. #122
    I ran every single run with the aluminum piece under the engine. No oil heating problems whatsoever. As I've said, my issue is actually oil not coming up to temperature. Going with only the single cooler in the back (ducted and with a fan) when my engine goes back together. I am keeping the front coolers installed, but not plumbed, just in case.....

  3. #123
    Bumping this up for a big weekend for FFR. Good luck!

  4. #124
    Keeping my fingers crossed you can get a clean fast run in without mechanical issues.

  5. #125
    Hmmm. Finger-crossed the Curse is lifted, but unfortunately on paper it looks like some darn issues maybe arrose... Grrrrrrrrr.

    https://racehero.io/events/nasa-ma-h...lts/1073742769

    https://racehero.io/events/nasa-ma-h...lts/1073742770
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    512
    Blog Entries
    5
    The guy running 1:45 got disqualified as well. I'm guessing noise. (Complete guess, I don't get their till tomorrow).
    Previous forum name was "Fezzek"

  7. #127
    DQ for spin in the second session



    https://racehero.io/events/nasa-ma-h...lts/1073742771

    They all look better in the most recent session
    Last edited by Brett33; 05-19-2017 at 01:14 PM.

  8. #128
    2:02- not bad in this session. Thumbs up! https://racehero.io/events/nasa-ma-h...lts/1073742771
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

  9. #129
    Webmaster, FFR
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Middleboro, MA
    Posts
    1,551
    Wayne Presley nailed it! 1:59.9 in the last race!

    What a professional. Each go out he ran faster:

    Practice - 2:11.005
    Race 1 - 2:05.224
    Race 2: 2:02.528
    Race 3: 1:59.900

    Very hot conditions made tires greasy. Wayne feels the car has more in her!
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Wayne Presley nailed it! 1:59.9 in the last race!

    What a professional. Each go out he ran faster:

    Practice - 2:11.005
    Race 1 - 2:05.224
    Race 2: 2:02.528
    Race 3: 1:59.900

    Very hot conditions made tires greasy. Wayne feels the car has more in her!
    Awesome! Thanks for updates.

  11. #131
    Administrator
    Wayne Presley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Enterprise Alabama
    Posts
    2,632
    Blog Entries
    3
    The day went well and the car hauled A$$, topping 157 mph on the straights. I had a good day in the car that started with a hiccup with the ball on the bottom of the shifter breaking off just as I was taking the green flag in the warm up session. We pulled a part off the the Koni 818C and got the car ready for the next session. John George's car, Trevor's and the 818R all had Rackpak data systems on them so we were able to overlay the data. We figured out that I was losing most of my time against John in the high speed esses and up to the Oak Tree corner. I put that data to use in the last session and layed down the 1:59 lap time on the first lap before the tires got greasy. I did a cool down lap and gave it another shot but missed an upshift in the esses and had to abort that lap. Not enough time to cool the tires before the session was over so I pulled in. Really great time and could not have done it with the assistance of John George, Jim Schenk, and Mark Dougherty today. I'm tired and happy and off to bed. Will upload videos in a day or so
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    The day went well and the car hauled A$$, topping 157 mph on the straights. I had a good day in the car that started with a hiccup with the ball on the bottom of the shifter breaking off just as I was taking the green flag in the warm up session. We pulled a part off the the Koni 818C and got the car ready for the next session. John George's car, Trevor's and the 818R all had Rackpak data systems on them so we were able to overlay the data. We figured out that I was losing most of my time against John in the high speed esses and up to the Oak Tree corner. I put that data to use in the last session and layed down the 1:59 lap time on the first lap before the tires got greasy. I did a cool down lap and gave it another shot but missed an upshift in the esses and had to abort that lap. Not enough time to cool the tires before the session was over so I pulled in. Really great time and could not have done it with the assistance of John George, Jim Schenk, and Mark Dougherty today. I'm tired and happy and off to bed. Will upload videos in a day or so
    Awesome Wayne! Thank you for getting the 818 out there​.

  13. #133
    FFR Looks like they're having a great showing at the event!

    Great job Wayne!

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    898
    Nice work Wayne

  15. #135
    Administrator
    Wayne Presley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Enterprise Alabama
    Posts
    2,632
    Blog Entries
    3
    Here's a quick video of the second round showing the rear view. The green car is a 2015 Viper ACR, gives you an idea on how hard this car accelerates





    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

  16. #136
    Senior Member Canadian818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    1,178
    Wow that pulls hard, thanks for sharing! Looks like a fast course!
    Adam __________________ Instagram @brap818
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    My widebody 13b-REW powered build thread

  17. #137
    Administrator
    Wayne Presley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Enterprise Alabama
    Posts
    2,632
    Blog Entries
    3
    Here is the fastest lap

    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    898
    Impressive job Wayne.

  19. #139
    Wow very impressive cars flying!!!

  20. #140
    Son-of-a ***** that was fast!

  21. #141
    Hell of a drive! Nice job
    818SC chassis #206 EJ207 2.0L VF37 twin scroll || Cusco type RS 1.5 LSD || Wilwood pedal box (firewall attach) || Wilwood superlite front calipers
    BUILD Phase 1: 6/6/2014 car delivered || 5/24/2015 first start || 6/7/2015 go karted || 4/20/2016 hard-top-topped || 10/25/2016 registered || 11/18/2016 inspected & complete
    BUILD Phase 2: 3/8/2017 EJ207v8 || 5/29/2017 re-first re-start || 7/17/2017 re-assembled with race car bits

  22. #142
    1:59 is awesome!
    Owner: Colonel Red Racing
    eBAy Store: http://stores.ebay.com/colonelredracing
    2005 Subaru STI Race Car ICSCC ST and SPM, NASA ST3
    DD: 2008 Subaru Spec B
    Race Videos at www.facebook.com/ColRedRacing

  23. #143
    Administrator
    Wayne Presley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Enterprise Alabama
    Posts
    2,632
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Wright View Post
    Impressive job Wayne.
    Thanks Mitch, I saw you had your car out this weekend too.

    Quote Originally Posted by redfogo View Post
    Wow very impressive cars flying!!!
    Wasn't ever airborne

    Quote Originally Posted by wirenut View Post
    Son-of-a ***** that was fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb75 View Post
    Hell of a drive! Nice job
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Gator View Post
    1:59 is awesome!
    I was happy but I left about 2-3 seconds on the table. Next time I'll be fast!
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

  24. #144
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Andover, MA
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    Here's a quick video of the second round showing the rear view. The green car is a 2015 Viper ACR, gives you an idea on how hard this car accelerates





    That must frustrate the heck out of them! Nice driving.

  25. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Fayetteville WV
    Posts
    188
    Wayne,

    Super car!! That thing hauls a$$. Nice job driving. Over 150 is amazing.

    Thanks!!
    Len
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

  26. #146
    Moonlight Performance
    Hindsight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3,165
    How do you like the brakes Wayne? It seemed like the area the Viper was making (instead of losing) ground on you was in the braking zones, but it's hard to tell from the video.

  27. #147
    It looks like tire smoke in the braking zones? Maybe too much rear bias?
    818R Build date 10/31/15

  28. #148
    Administrator
    Wayne Presley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Enterprise Alabama
    Posts
    2,632
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    How do you like the brakes Wayne? It seemed like the area the Viper was making (instead of losing) ground on you was in the braking zones, but it's hard to tell from the video.
    That was the out lap and not warm tires, he just wanted to press it harder on cold tires than I did.

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielsDM View Post
    It looks like tire smoke in the braking zones? Maybe too much rear bias?
    The smoke was tire rub, the brakes were awsome. Pulled 2 G's under braking.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

  29. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    The smoke was tire rub, the brakes were awsome. Pulled 2 G's under braking.
    Wayne, what size wheel / tire package are your running?
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R #422 picked up 5/21/2016; build with EZ36R H6 in progress!

  30. #150
    Wow, that was fast! I can't believe the speeds you were carrying through the uphill esses. Nice job!

  31. #151
    Administrator
    Wayne Presley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Enterprise Alabama
    Posts
    2,632
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Racer View Post
    Wayne, what size wheel / tire package are your running?
    225/40/17 and 255/35/18 Hoosier A7's on 17x9 and 18x9.5" wheels
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

  32. #152
    Wayne
    great job out there this weekend.
    You really picked it up quick.
    great car prep also.
    You did an amazing job. and I had a blast hanging with you.
    cant wait for the next time.
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

  33. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    225/40/17 and 255/35/18 Hoosier A7's on 17x9 and 18x9.5" wheels
    Wayne, were you getting tire rub in the front, rear or both? And where do they rub?
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R #422 picked up 5/21/2016; build with EZ36R H6 in progress!

  34. #154
    Administrator
    Wayne Presley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Enterprise Alabama
    Posts
    2,632
    Blog Entries
    3
    Just in the front and the outer lip. Rubbing only under max braking or hitting the curbs.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

  35. #155
    How was the oil temp? Nice driving!
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

  36. #156
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bowling Green, KY
    Posts
    898
    I recall when testing Wayne said he saw 260-270 when really pushing the car, which isn't surprising IMO with the power/boost the car is putting out and running the car to 7500+. I don't recall what FFR has on that car for an oil cooler but would think with the short qualifying type runs the temps wouldn't be too bad. My car with 100+ less hp and the OEM cooler/heater on a 90+ day I will see 225-230 after a 30 minute session. Horse power is heat.

  37. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    Just in the front and the outer lip. Rubbing only under max braking or hitting the curbs.
    Last question about the wheel tire package, I promise. What offsets are you running in the front and rear?
    MK3.1 Roadster completed 2011
    818R #422 picked up 5/21/2016; build with EZ36R H6 in progress!

  38. #158
    That's the kind of video that gets me motivated to build one of these cars. Just picked up a donor car. Now I'm working on funding for a kit. Maybe I missed it, but I assume since the car has a 6 speed in it, it has a limited slip diff? Out of curiosity, what year car is the transmission out of?

  39. #159
    Administrator
    Wayne Presley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Enterprise Alabama
    Posts
    2,632
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Wright View Post
    I recall when testing Wayne said he saw 260-270 when really pushing the car, which isn't surprising IMO with the power/boost the car is putting out and running the car to 7500+. I don't recall what FFR has on that car for an oil cooler but would think with the short qualifying type runs the temps wouldn't be too bad. My car with 100+ less hp and the OEM cooler/heater on a 90+ day I will see 225-230 after a 30 minute session. Horse power is heat.
    260 max after 5 laps

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Racer View Post
    Last question about the wheel tire package, I promise. What offsets are you running in the front and rear?
    I'll check tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrmblr2 View Post
    That's the kind of video that gets me motivated to build one of these cars. Just picked up a donor car. Now I'm working on funding for a kit. Maybe I missed it, but I assume since the car has a 6 speed in it, it has a limited slip diff? Out of curiosity, what year car is the transmission out of?
    It has an 06 STI with a RallySpec 5th and 6th gear.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

  40. #160
    Administrator
    Wayne Presley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Enterprise Alabama
    Posts
    2,632
    Blog Entries
    3
    All the wheels are +42mm offset
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Breeze

Visit our community sponsor