Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: FFR's own 818R

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    Ahhhh, I'm starting to recall a bit..... when he went down, he didn't go down FROM stock, he went back TO stock right? IE stock is 10mm, he originally had an 11mm on it, then went back to 10mm?
    I'm 95% confident I went from 11mm to 10mm. I'll have to check my old thread.

EDIT: Yes went from 11mm to 10mm.

"I want to think it was the 10cm oil pump. I think the 11cm oil pump was bypassing so much oil because of its higher flow volume. The oil was bypassing all the time with the 11cm, just spinning in the block heating up. I also read the 11cm is for journal bearing turbos- I have a ball bearing- that maybe part of it with the oil restrictor for the ball bearing turbo you put on????)

I also do not think you should not have a closed vacuum block with the Element Dry Sump. The vacuum is working against the scavenge, I know Gator has his working though, but both ARE and Element told me to vent it like I have.

I ran without the flat bottom aluminum piece under the engine. That could of helped cool everything also. I did not notice any handling issues running without it. I may suggest the new owner throw it on and try it."
    Last edited by C.Plavan; 05-07-2017 at 11:39 AM.
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)