FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Stock Seat Belt Broke?

Post Thanks / Like

Stock Seat Belt Broke?

I've been struggling getting stock 2003 WRX seat belts mounted and finally got there. Hands all scratched up, but that's okay its done. I hop in the passenger seat and give it a go... seat belt wont give out any. Only retract and finally I have 2 inches and it just keeps locking when I try to pull out. I don't know what to do. Is their a reset? Is this seat belt bad? My drivers side is fine?!

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the gravity sensor. It can be removed if you take the white cap off of the end of the mechanism and remove the system completely. I learned this the hard way after I had buttoned everything up and it locked up on me. It's caused by the change in orientation in which these belts are mounted in the 818.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iblackwe View Post
    It's the gravity sensor. It can be removed if you take the white cap off of the end of the mechanism and remove the system completely. I learned this the hard way after I had buttoned everything up and it locked up on me. It's caused by the change in orientation in which these belts are mounted in the 818.
    Thanks for the help! Funny how this is not mentioned in the manual, could have been a bunch extra work. I have a feeling that they don't want liability. Any idea on the little pieces off the belt housing that protrude thought the aluminum side cover into the cockpit? Can they be removed? They don't seem to do anything.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey no problem. Those "tabs" can be bent over onto the aluminum or you could cut them off. I bent mine over and I thought that is made the system just slightly more stable as the only other mounting point was at the base of the belt system.