FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Body fitting process.

Post Thanks / Like

Body fitting process.

It may be a lot to ask but I'll ask it anyway. Would anyone be willing to list a guide/ step by step proccess to fitting the body. So far i have:

- placed the body on the frame
    - Marked my aluminum that needed to be trimmed
    - removed the body
    - trimmed marked aluminum
    - installed foam and bulb seal
    - reinstalled body
    - loosely mounted body with front mounts and quick jacks
    - loosely mounted doors and trunk lid

My side pipe openings are quite a ways off, wheels seem to be not centered in openings and the rear tires have different gaps on each side (the gaps may be from the ride height being off. I need to go back and check it).

If someone could run me through the best process and practices to fitting the body, I would appreciate it. I have looked through quite a few bodywork threads and most just breeze through the actual body install and concentrate more on the fiberglass work.

Thanks for all the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Afternoon bump..

Post Thanks / Like
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Use the search function here and on the other forum. There are already many, many body work threads.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    edwardb thanks for that link. I had used the search function but hadn't found that link. I think it solves my issues. Thanks again guys.