Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for some tow/haul advice or help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for some tow/haul advice or help

Hey fellow FFR builders,

Looking for some help or advice. Long story short - finished my GTM about 3 years ago. Then bought a 1937 Chevy Coupe that I've been working on for about 1.5 years now - close to done. And just last week I purchased a 1946 Dodge DD4 2-ton truck from a guy in Ottawa Canada. And here's my problem:

The truck is a dually rear end 92" wide. It is 90" tall and 16' long. Pics attached. The rear tire track width is too wide for most normal car trailers, so I need a deck-over trailer (equipment trailer) to bring it home, but can't find one to rent. Anyone out there close to Baltimore MD or on the way from Baltimore to Ottawa (Interstate 83N then 81N) that has a trailer that's willing to loan/rent/road trip (Happy to have company!)? I have a Dodge RAM 2500 good for towing 13,200lbs, just can't find a trailer. I'm assuming the '46 truck weighs ~7000 lbs.

Or, if you know of a reputable car hauler I can pay someone to do it - I just don't know any personally and I'm hesitant to use an internet-based company.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

-Michael

-----------------
    GTM #327, LS3, G50/20, Kooks, AC, Ron's Tanks, Crash's 4-port HCV, Shane's Bolts & Plenum & etc., plus a lot of other stuff. Finished November 2013.
    Attached Images Attached Images