Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 IRS parts issue

Post Thanks / Like

2015 IRS parts issue

I have the 2015 IRS setup. I have called several parts/ford locations and can not get the FR3Z-4A058-A part. Every place I call or see online says they have them. Then when they check their system they tell me that ford has stopped making them right now, and they dont see any from the distribution center.....

Anyone have a backup plan? Is this a controlled vent? Does it have a one way valve?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to get one from Tasca just a few weeks ago.

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/fr3z4a058a

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange it's not available. But the same thing happened with what should have been a common radiator hose during my build. There isn't anything particularly special about the IRS vent tube from what I could tell. I ended up with most of it cut off and clipped it to the underside of the upper trunk floor. A piece of tubing and a padded clamp would be an acceptable substitute IMO.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Strange it's not available. But the same thing happened with what should have been a common radiator hose during my build. There isn't anything particularly special about the IRS vent tube from what I could tell. I ended up with most of it cut off and clipped it to the underside of the upper trunk floor. A piece of tubing and a padded clamp would be an acceptable substitute IMO.
    I actually did the same thing. I used the elbow, maybe a few inches of the tube and the end piece. You could easily substitute some regular hose or tubing. I don't think these rear end have problems with sending oil out of the vent and I don't suspect you are going to be driving around in deep water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered one. Thanks guys.... We will see if it comes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Some cheap clear tubing, topped off with a fuel filter from a Stihl chain saw, was what I used on my old IRS system. You can also find some one-way valves, used as part of the gas tank vent tube, over in motorcycle world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to get one without any trouble but it didn't come with the pressed in fitting to connect to on the diff. Make sure you get one of those. The tubes bends didn't work with my Mk4 but was able to form new bends and straighten out some of the bends it came with pretty easily with a heat gun.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I have the other piece that goes into the rear end.