Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Locally sourced ignition switch.

Post Thanks / Like

Locally sourced ignition switch.

So to make a long story short.... came back from vacation to my car moved, no big deal except my father doesn't know where he put the keys!!! We have looked high and low for a week. Does anyone know of an ignition switch that I can obtain from an auto parts store that will wire up like the factory five switch?? It also needs to fit my padded dash that already has cutouts and all. Thanks fellas

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a while ago, I bought a Cole Hersey switch from Oreillys. It was in their electrical racks, and has worked perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some switches have push-on blade connectors and some have the little screws for eyes on the end of the wires. No big deal to change the wire ends but just be aware you may need to.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it fit the dash cutouts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not as concerned with the connectors. I just want to make sure I'm not having to cut on the covered dash!!

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the over/under on the time it takes those keys to show up AFTER you get done swapping the switch? Should we start at 1 hour?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Within 1 day. Guaranteed to be found by my 8year old or 5 year old!! Probably somewere obvious!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do not swap out the switch mounted in the dash. Just let the new switch hang and use it, until the original keys become available.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    Quite a while ago, I bought a Cole Hersey switch from Oreillys. It was in their electrical racks, and has worked perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Usudno View Post
    Does it fit the dash cutouts?
    Yes, it fit perfectly. I think it was/is a 3/4 inch hole, and it has the same connectors

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. I could order a switch from factory five but if I can find something locally that will work I would rather go that route.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a shot in the dark here.. but is the factory five switch coded?? I could just have a set of keys made!