Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Clutch Cable Missing Anything?

Post Thanks / Like

Clutch Cable Missing Anything?

Mornin' Gents,

Before I order my firewall adjuster for the clutch cable, can you tell me if my clutch cable is missing anything? I feel like I have seen some that have a bushing of some sorts on the end. Mine does not. Also, the other end that goes to the trans has a threaded rod, but no nut on the end of it. Do I need a specific nut, washer, or bushing on the end? Or can I just take two nuts and lock them together?

As far as firewall adjusters, I plan on going with Mike Forte's along with his mechanical throttle linkage. Can anyone recommend anything different?

IMG_1654 2.JPG

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottiec, Your photo raises a couple of questions. The opening you have the cable entering seems a bit too far to the right of the footbox. There is an opening further out to the left that lines up with the clutch pedal. You also need the "spacer", don't you? Here's a photo that might help describe it:

Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    yes you are.
    there are 3 places to mount the clutch cable
    the donor pedal box location that you have.
    The very left of the pedal box as shown in 2nd post photo this was done to use the wilwood pedals.
    the 3rd is FFR has moved it in from the 2nd location by approx. 3" to work better on the wilwood pedals
    the factory cable comes with a large rubber bushing on it
    you need that to mount the cable in the donor pedal box location which you have.
    of coarse then there are the hydraulic clutch choices of which there are several designs and choices there also.
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I am using the sn95 pedal box. So Which piece am I missing? Does it come with the adjusters?

Post Thanks / Like
    it would have come on the end of the cable
    where did the big black rubber bushing go
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Dougherty View Post
    it would have come on the end of the cable
    where did the big black rubber bushing go
    I had got this with a pile of other parts off craigslist. Since I never have seen one, I had no idea it was incomplete.

Post Thanks / Like
    The firewall adjuster takes the place of the big black rubber bushing. At least on mine it does. On the cable end at the clutch lever I 'think' you need some type of rounded bushing to fit against the lever to accommodate angle changes as the lever moves. Then either a nylock or double nuts.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    The firewall adjuster takes the place of the big black rubber bushing. At least on mine it does. On the cable end at the clutch lever I 'think' you need some type of rounded bushing to fit against the lever to accommodate angle changes as the lever moves. Then either a nylock or double nuts.
    Thanks Craig. I called Forte yesterday and bought the firewall adjuster, throttle linkage, and he recommended a new clutch cable. He said the one that I have with the threaded part that goes into the clutch fork tend to fail more frequently. So in the name of keeping it simple, I ordered one from him.

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit late but here's a pic of my clutch cable through the footbox. I have a 98 Mustang pedal box and OEM clutch cable. It comes with a large rubber grommet that you're missing and a mounting plate. The set up works very well.Clutch Cable.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Joe!