FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Body Undercoating - Timing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Body Undercoating - Timing

I have come to realize that I have neither the skills required nor the desire to hone my body work skills on my MK4. I have put a lot of blood, sweat but thankfully no tears into my build. To date I am very pleased with the results, with thanks of course to all on this site, and vendors contributing both ideas and answers. I intend to finish my car in gel coat, have it licensed and drive it this summer. Then, hopefully, my intended painter can fit me in to have it painted over the winter...body off for me.

I am a big proponent of undercoating the body for many of the reasons discussed on this site. And, I'm prepared to do it myself. However, as I plan to have the body work and paint done by a professional, I don't want to make it more difficult for the body guy to do the final body fit and trim.

I am looking for recommendations/opinions on timing.

Thanks.
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really a big deal but keeping it back an inch or so from the edge of the wheelwells is helpful.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Not really a big deal but keeping it back an inch or so from the edge of the wheelwells is helpful.

Jeff
    Jeff,

Thanks. PM sent.
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017