Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1999 - 2004 C5 Corvette Steering Column Bezel Cover

Post Thanks / Like

1999 - 2004 C5 Corvette Steering Column Bezel Cover

Hello all,

I have found that I need to replace my steering column cover assembly. For some reason, mine will not close as it did previously.
    (I have ordered one from e-bay, but I am not 100% sure if it is the correct one or not.)

If anyone has a cover assembly (upper & lower) for a C5 Corvette Steering column, without "Telescopic Column", and you don't plan to use it, I would appreciate the chance to buy it from you.

Please send a PM, and I'll respond.

Thank you,

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck! Every one that I've found (used) is cracked or broken at the mounting points. We always end up just ordering new parts from GM and use the tele cover whether the column is tele or not.....just make a small block-off plate for the tele switch hole and paint over it....since you will have to paint the whole cover anyway. These are no longer produced, so once GM runs out of stock, they will no longer be available.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL... That's what I was afraid of...

Thanks Shane.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone sell alternative (sexier) covers and turn signal/light levers? Do most people stick with the GM stuff or make their own?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am nowhere near using this in my build yet, but I am wondering some of the same thing. Is there a nicer off the shelf item out there to dress this up a bit? I have not explored this yet, but I'm betting some type of carbon fiber piece would look nice.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You'll probably have to make your own. I've made one but it won't fit the FFR dash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon fiber View Post
    You'll probably have to make your own. I've made one but it won't fit the FFR dash.
    Making my own carbon fiber details is definitely something I want to learn how to do. It will be nice to add custom touches throughout.