Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mike Everson nose Aluminium @ oil cooler.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Everson nose Aluminium @ oil cooler.

I have Mike Everson's front aluminum installed and I love the look. I just got FFR's oil cooler and would like to install it again just for the look and tie it into as my Power Steering cooler? When I measure it all out to drill all six holes I fined that the four holes to be drilled for the 1/4 inch button head screws are right in where the bend of the Aluminum is? I have done a lot of searching on here and see that some of you have done this mod and not used the 1/4 button head screws to support the oil cooler? I do like that look better to be honest and would prefer to do it that way. Any pictures and a brief explanation would be appreciated in fact any ideas would help?

Thank you
    Ed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done something similar with both the FFR supplied and later, Everson nose aluminum (used an aftermarket trans cooler as PS cooler in the oil cooler body opening). It looks a little like an oil cooler in the opening but I built a bracket to support it out of 3/4" aluminum angle. I hung the bracket from a couple short sections of 3/4" angle that are bolted on either side to the lower, forward 3/4" body support tubes. I adjusted the mounting position so that it sits centered in the body opening. I powder coated it all black, so there isn't that much to see but here's mine:

I know of others who've done exactly what you're asking about, hopefully you can see the pics posted in this link:

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...-aluminum.html

I love the form and functionality of Mike Everson's nose aluminum, money well spent!

Sean
    MK 3.5 roadster (MK IV body retrofit to MK III chassis) 396W stroker, 4 bbl mass air EFI, QH (self-tuned), AFR 195CC Renegade, XE274HR, GP 4-1-4 SS headers, 3link, 3.73, 15" Halibrand replicas, SAI mod, bumpers, 2 X roll bars, IČ electronics, PS, hydroboosted brakes: 95 GT front, custom MK VIII calipers/Cobra discs rear, FFR front, Levy rear LCA's, Forte front, VPM rear bars, CF dash, mod comp layout w/Auto Meter Ultra-Lites, Lucas tri-bar headlights, coupe taillights, painted by SRP (again!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sean. Looks like I'm going to do something along the same lines of what you did as well.

Thanks

Ed.
    Last edited by BULLITT428; 04-27-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    FFR 7570, 402sr ROUSH 455HP, TKO 5 speed, Wilwood brakes, IRS 327gears Torsen Diff, Forte's Hydraulic Clutch, 15to1 AGR Power steering rack and lots more it never seems to end?

TEMPTATION: because willpower is no match for Horsepower!