Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear window question?

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rear window question?

What do most do to the rear hatch window on the car? It seems strange to me that it sits down on the rear of the hatch and on top at the front. Do most just leave it as is or do fiberglass work to make it look more part of the body? Thanks for any pictures or comments from builders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Extensive body work is required to get it proper.

Even the hatch itself doesn't align correctly.

One of our members spent a great deal of money to have professional body/paint shops correct the glass alignment and you can still notice a bit of irregularity.
    Custom LCD Gauges , Data Loggers, Control Touch Screens
    www.LCDdash.com \\ 647-522-9953 \\ Voice & Text
    Proud new owner of GTM Gen 1., #105 - 08/27/11
    LQ9 Powered, G96.00 6 speed transaxle

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post some pics so we can see what you're talking about? The rear glass is definitely far from the perfect shape for this car, but from your post, it sounds like you simply need to lower the front edge of the hatch so that the glass is flush with the roof?....which normally takes some trimming of the fg lip on the body so that the hatch can be lowered enough.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    Can you post some pics so we can see what you're talking about? The rear glass is definitely far from the perfect shape for this car, but from your post, it sounds like you simply need to lower the front edge of the hatch so that the glass is flush with the roof?....which normally takes some trimming of the fg lip on the body so that the hatch can be lowered enough.
    10/4. I was just looking at it as it comes from FFR tapped to the body. I will look into how the hatch goes down the road. I am waiting on my drivetrain and looking for stuff to do right now and that area had my attention. I was looking at some finished photos of GTM's and it looks like there are a wide variation of how builders dealt with that area. I am not ready to mount the body yet. I just need to be patient, LOL.