Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Other Forum

Post Thanks / Like

Other Forum

Anyone else having trouble with the other forum?
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Not me - I abandoned it and focused here on the "official" FFR forum quite a while ago when the other one went totally commercial and then had problems with passwords. Been ages since I've posted anything over there.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    nope no problems
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    The other forum does have a number of issues. Their authentication sucks big time and it's not always friendly to the iPhone for sure.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KDubU View Post
    The other forum does have a number of issues. Their authentication sucks big time and it's not always friendly to the iPhone for sure.

Ditto- authentication over there is rediculous. The requirements for the password length and letters/ symbols have created a difficult experience. Add to it that no matter wha you do you have to enter your password every time , makes it a losing proposition.

My banking is much more important and requires tighter security. But the password requirements are reasonable at the bank.

I don't think there are any national security secrets on that forum that should require such nonsense.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    No trouble at all. BTW: What other forum?

Edit: Funny how threads like draw so many with a Feb 2011 join date.
    Last edited by mikeinatlanta; 04-24-2017 at 09:15 PM.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have played "password hell" for the last time with the other forum. I have never been so frustrated over a simple login procedure that fails repeatedly.

I've called and emailed; nada, zip , zilch, zero.

While I hang out here 90% the time, there are still a few posts that I like to re-visit occasionally.

Da Bear
    Telescopes are instruments of hope and faith. Hope that a better, clearer and brighter universe can be observed. Faith that we can bring these discoveries back to our small planet and create positive changes for all of it's inhabitants.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I'm lucky somehow because I am sure not tech savvy...4 different computers/devices...I logged in with each one after the mandatory password change last year, clicked the "remember me" box and haven't had to log in or enter a password since. I don't see the advertising either.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    I guess I'm lucky somehow because I am sure not tech savvy...4 different computers/devices...I logged in with each one after the mandatory password change last year, clicked the "remember me" box and haven't had to log in or enter a password since. I don't see the advertising either.

Jeff
    Same w/ me but I use a PC and Chrome. I switched to Chrome last year when i was forced into Win10 and their new browser sucked.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Same w/ me but I use a PC and Chrome. I switched to Chrome last year when i was forced into Win10 and their new browser sucked.
    Yes, Chrome on the PCs and Android mobiles.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff
    Yep, same here, never had to "sign in" after the reset and hitting "remember me" Use Safari and Chrome.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave up some time ago when they changed something. Since then they don't recognize my e-mail so I can'l log on. I know because they send me an e-mail to let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    Yep, same here, never had to "sign in" after the reset and hitting "remember me" Use Safari and Chrome.
    Yep, ditto, although I can't connect via mobil device without getting the modern mobile screens, which just **** (need improvement).

It's been so long since I've had to log in with the new crazy password that I'm gonna be in trouble when those finally time out. I hope I don't get locked out!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it here. Other than searches, don't use the old one much. Once I created a new password (which I have since forgotten), no issues. But now that you mention it, threads are broken up, in the wrong order and full of ads. Whatever.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was awesome when the other forum launched their new ad blasting format. This forum immediately got more users.

Jeff, even with the cookies it's still a pain to login there. It should natively accept the password and log you in but it doesn't because this way you'll have to see some ads first. And it asks me to reset my password all the time. Way too much being thrown at you.

So glad Dave Smith had the wherewithal to start this forum built for the users and not the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had to email for a password reset, the one that came up automatically never worked for me. Did not know why I had to do the reset in the first place because I was using the same password as I started with. System just decided it did not like it anymore.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have had a lot of issues logging on and getting the site to work properly...don't go there anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    As recommended by a fellow FFRer I use AdBlock on my PC. SOme websites like Fox News send me a popup each time I go there because they want me to see their ads. I ignore it.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion, the FFCars, (and the original FFCobra), is a fantastic builders forum. Factory Five Racing owes much of their success to it. Without it, I'm sure hundreds, (if not thousands), of other owners, including myself, may not have bought and built an FFR. There is still nowhere else a new Roadster, or Coupe builder can go, to find as many experienced, and knowledgeable persons willing to help them.

Thankfully, for the sake of new builders joining this forum, some of those same great people, are now helping out over here.

I haven't logged on over there for awhile. When I wanted to, I couldn't remember my complicated new password, that is now required. I'm sure even nuclear launch codes aren't as confusing as what they want you to use. So anyways, I did the old, e-mail me to reset password bit, but never rec'd an e-mail? I'm sure I had written down the new password...somewhere..

Post Thanks / Like
    Gave up on the other Forum when it commercialized and just focus here.

Post Thanks / Like
    ..I logged in after the mandatory password change last year, clicked the "remember me" box and haven't had to log in or enter a password since. I don't see the advertising either.

Jeff
    Ditto. It's no different for me either. No advertising and just as easy to get on as this forum. And if anyone is going to have trouble with a computer its gonna be me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been mostly at FFCars. I came over here to touch base for the HB show and Friday BBQ. I have not had any issues with the changed password and easily log on daily.

I agree with AC Bill that FFCars has a great history with the Factory Five products and most of the players are still more than willing to help out a fellow in need of information, I've done that a couple times recently and have not been disappointed.

Regards, Rick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    As recommended by a fellow FFRer I use AdBlock on my PC. SOme websites like Fox News send me a popup each time I go there because they want me to see their ads. I ignore it.

FYI for you and everyone else, adblock was bought a few years ago BY advertising companies and it went to complete **** shortly after. get rid of it immediately because not only does it fail to work half the time, they sell your browsing information/change ads to their own trackers for profit.

The current champion is Ublock Origin for Chrome/Firefox.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a member of FFCars for over 12 years, although I haven't been real active for the last few. I just retired and hope to get back into the Cobra scene.

Since I want to build a Mk4 Roadster, I thought I would start checking a lot of build threads and FAQ's to plan my build. I also joined here (this is my first post) to have more input.

So far, I have found that FFCars has been more helpful, and much easier to navigate. While I can agree with the idea of making sure that I am a good member and NOT a spammer, I am disappointed that I can't even use my avatar yet!

I will continue to use BOTH forums for the foreseeable future. Hopefully, I can make enough posts to have my membership here upgraded soon so that I can ask questions where I have been wanting to and, so far. been denied.

Sorry if this sounds a little bitter (don't mean it to), but it's late and I'm getting tired.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was a member of FFC*bra before the law suits, probably 2008 or so.

I have moved most of my new posts to this forum within the past 6 months. I went thru password Hell a while back and that was frustrating to have to reset the password on that site multiple times. I frequently look at that forum for issues that have good write-ups on issues that I am still involved with. I don't see the advertising issue there either.

My windows 7 computers all nose dived last October and I went with New HP Pavillion laptops and Windows 10 pro native. I found that a factory installed Win 10 was vastly superior to and "Upgraded" system. So I use 2 android devices and the win 10 systems now.
    Last edited by mcwho; 05-16-2017 at 05:13 AM.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schwaab View Post
    I've been a member of FFCars for over 12 years, although I haven't been real active for the last few. I just retired and hope to get back into the Cobra scene.

Since I want to build a Mk4 Roadster, I thought I would start checking a lot of build threads and FAQ's to plan my build. I also joined here (this is my first post) to have more input.

So far, I have found that FFCars has been more helpful, and much easier to navigate. While I can agree with the idea of making sure that I am a good member and NOT a spammer, I am disappointed that I can't even use my avatar yet!

I will continue to use BOTH forums for the foreseeable future. Hopefully, I can make enough posts to have my membership here upgraded soon so that I can ask questions where I have been wanting to and, so far. been denied.

Sorry if this sounds a little bitter (don't mean it to), but it's late and I'm getting tired.
    Where have you been denied the ability to ask questions?
    I could ask questions from the first post. I believe the only restriction was in posting items for sale. You get full functionality pretty quick. Not being able to use your avatar on your first post shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    My problems with accessibility might be related to my only being a member for a couple of days. I am finding this morning that I can see stuff, like the photo galleries, that had been previously denied to me. Maybe full activation of my membership is finally happening and I will be able to do more.

Still annoyed that I can't use my avatar. Don't really understand why that would be a privilege that must be earned! (Again, not really meaning any disrespect, just not seeing the issue.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Still annoyed that I can't use my avatar. Don't really understand why that would be a privilege that must be earned! (Again, not really meaning any disrespect, just not seeing the issue.)
    Try it now.

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My problems with accessibility might be related to my only being a member for a couple of days. I am finding this morning that I can see stuff, like the photo galleries, that had been previously denied to me. Maybe full activation of my membership is finally happening and I will be able to do more. ../
    )
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ty-PLEASE-READ

The synopsis of the link above is we restrict users with less than 20 posts, once they make it past registration(read the Bio field instructions!). New users are upgraded to full status by request, which is encouraged! Upgrade requests for access to classifieds (whether explicit or by action) require FFR ownership.

HTH,

Post Thanks / Like
    I have problems with this forum at times when trying to post on the forum. On occasion when posting, for lack of a better discription I get timed out of the forum. I'll be in the middle of typing a response when I get logged out of the forum. I sometimes have to login three or four times before I finish with a post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    I have problems with this forum at times when trying to post on the forum. On occasion when posting, for lack of a better discription I get timed out of the forum. I'll be in the middle of typing a response when I get logged out of the forum. I sometimes have to login three or four times before I finish with a post
    Not sure how to address this because I've never experienced it but once you return to where you were entering the post is there a button in the lower left corner that says something like "Restore Auto-Save" so you don't have to start over...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have. I can read posts but when I try to post the site freezes up after I type a dozen words or so. The log in is also a pain. sometimes takes 2 or 3 tries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
    Not sure how to address this because I've never experienced it but once you return to where you were entering the post is there a button in the lower left corner that says something like "Restore Auto-Save" so you don't have to start over...
    That's what I've been doing, though sometimes it gets stuck on half a word and no matter how many times I refresh the page none of what I type afterwords will show up. Then I just start over. Not sure if it's my iPad or what, but it can be frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    That's what I've been doing, though sometimes it gets stuck on half a word and no matter how many times I refresh the page none of what I type afterwords will show up. Then I just start over. Not sure if it's my iPad or what, but it can be frustrating.
    I find when I go to post a well thought out response to a question, and I have been logged out, that I can hit the "back" arrow on Chrome browser, then copy my post, re-log in, and then paste it as a new reply..
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    When replying or starting a new thread. If i hit the hyperlink button, it clears the screen and closes safari on my ipad! It has done this several times over multiple days, i have not tried other butons or combinations yet. Just fyi for trouble shooting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been a member of both forums for quite some time now - more on the "other" forum only because I started there in 2004. Soon as this forum became available, I added myself to it. I use the same handle on both . . .
    I don't have any issues with either forum, passwords are what I submitted up front and have remained the same for the duration.
    I use Chrome exclusively on all my devices; Android tablet, Win 10 PC and laptop, iPhone 6. I don't see the advertising on anything but the iPhone in "mobile" mode.

The only issue I have come across is; sometimes, when viewing something posted by another user, I can't return to the page I was viewing, I have to sign on again - this is true of both forums and I'm sure it has something to do with how the picture is formatted, not the forum structure.

I enjoy both and will continue to frequent both until something changes for the worst.

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on both Forums as well. The other one for a while played havoc with my Firefox, Windows 10 on 3 different computers. It would crash Firefox, so I did most of my work this forum.

At some point, I went into UserCP > Settings and Options:Edit Options on that forum and changed some settings. Two of them (towards the bottom) that I think helped were under Miscellaneous Options:
    Message Editor Interface I changed to Standard Editor, and
    Forum Skin I changed to FFCars.com (Classic)

Whether it was these, or some other options I changed, I eventually got it pretty good. I tried to replicate the same options here. Generally I go as basic as I can on the settings.
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Classic mode

The amount of content on the other forum is golden. I have had no password issues since the reset last year and if you don't like the ads, put it in classic mode at the bottom and uou won't see them and get the original formating.