Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Heat Shrink hose clamps

Post Thanks / Like

Heat Shrink hose clamps

Has anyone used the heat shrink hose clamps yet. Curious what feedback might be. I have a personal dislike for the appearance of worm drive clamps and was looking for a different look in my build.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ems-ms106-63
    #8869 Delivered 5/11/2016 Traditional donor build using 1994 Mustang

Post Thanks / Like
    My buddy Bart did. The car was brand new with <10 miles on it when he took it out of the trailer at the London Cobra Show several years ago. On his maiden voyage he made it all the way from the hotels to the courthouse square before the lower hose came loose and dumped all of his coolant on Main Street.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    2000 miles here and no problems. Use a heat gun and make sure you go all the way around and they seal up great. -- Chuck

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I used the Gates Power Grip Clamps on a couple fittings and they work great. Also used them on my heater hoses.
    I have not replaced the lower radiator hose clamps yet.

I used a heat gun and really got them hot, I believe the hose temps also heats them up and keeps them secure.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used them to custom make some hoses. Two tihings I don't like, they are expensive,and they are a one time use.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they let go, start to leak, need to change a hose, you have nothing to work with. A mechanical clamp can be re tightened, removed and re used. Look at the racing clamps, some have a T handle which look, racey.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They heat shrink clamps work great but have a very narrow working range. Be sure to buy the right size and usability shouldn't be an issue.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the look and function! But they are pricey and a one use item. I have a couple spare clamps in case I or others need one.
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used the Gates Power Clamps with no issues. Also gives it a nice organic look...