BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: turbo help

Post Thanks / Like

turbo help

Need some help after internet searches turned up nothing of use, at least nothing of certainty.

My boys 2004 WRX engine is about dead, new coils and plugs and still have misfires on 1 & 4. With 225K on it, we decided not to rebuild and just drop in our 207 V5.
    I am installing a new timing belt kit with cam/crank seals, injectors,pump, studs and head gaskets this weekend.

Here is my dilemma. I have a T04b Super V trim Garrett t4 split tang p trim turbine housing, 60 a/r compressor housing.
    I see pedestals for t3, but not t4. I find (grimmspeed and others) that make a eternal wastegate up pipe for the 02-05 wrx.
    However these are for the stock bolt pattern turbos, which of course are not t4 bolt patterns.

Anyone done something like this, is it all custom fabrication ?

Thanks for the input,
    "E"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know of any off-the-shelf T4 uppipes. However, I have done a custom T4 EWG setup. I used flanges from FID-Turbo on Amazon and 2" Sch10 pipe to hold the weight of the turbo.

Links:
    Bottom Flange
    Top Flange
    Sch10 Pipe

If you go with a 38mm EWG, it'll easily fit up to 1.5" pipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Kyle, that is what I was afraid of. Hoping some company out there already made these.
    Just have to find a good welder, my skills are novice at best, and this would need to be a perfect fit.