Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 1997 Mustang cobra radiator install

Post Thanks / Like

1997 Mustang cobra radiator install

I was reading through the manual and came across for 96-04 additional steps page 274( Hold the upper radiator mount plate up to the frame) I called Factory Five and Tony informed me that the instructions were old and they do not supply that mount plate anymore and I will need to fabricate one. I have not tried to install the radiator yet but is on my list for this weekend. Has any one installed a 1997 radiator and come across this issue.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Are these the parts you need: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...007#post271007

If so you can have mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    its possible those will work although I am using the mustang fan that came with the car. I was given an FFR fan as well but I was told by FFR to use the one I have from the donor. (maybe I have those as well and just didn't see them?) Thank you very much for the offer. I will try this weekend to install and see what happens. if it turns out I could use those I will be in touch on Monday. Thanks again for the offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the 97 radiator is the same as the 01, then... This is what I did.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...s-Fox-Radiator

Post Thanks / Like
    The 1997 is the same as the 2001 radiator. Thank you very much for the thread and pictures as I am sure it will prove helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying to install the radiator and I am confused at what angle the radiator is suppose to hang at? I understand it attaches some how at the bottom. I need to make a bracket and I am not sure where to attach it.

Thanks