Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Legacy Award - Time to Nominate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Legacy Award - Time to Nominate!

It's time to nominate for the 9th Annual Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Racing Legacy Award!

Note: There is a new nomination method, a survey form with a link at the bottom.

Background on the award from Factory Five:

Factory Five Racing is proud to announce the ‘Annual Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Legacy Award.

Each year, nominations will be accepted from the Factory Five community for those individuals who completely embrace the giving spirit and helpful way of Robert Feddersen and many other Factory Five community members across the nation and around the world. Roberts kind heart will always be remembered through this award and help remind us to give what we can to help others."

There is a perpetual trophy and description of the award that stays in the trophy case at FFR and has each year's winner engraved on it. Additionally, a beautiful engraved plaque is sent to the winner as an award.

Here is what the description of the award says:

"Purchasing a Factory Five kit doesn’t mean you just get a car to build, you are entering a family that shares much more than wrenches, and you make friends that last a life-time. The community, or brotherhood aspect of Factory Five owners, is something that is hard to explain. It will take those who are not expecting it by surprise!

In June of 2008, the Factory Five community suffered a devastating loss. Factory Five customer, forum friend, and family man, Robert Feddersen, passed away after a sudden accident at home. He was a generous, loving soul who adored his wife Jill and two sons Liam and Alex and was the type of person that always made time for friends and made them a very important part of his life. He was taken too soon from all that loved him.

Robert was the type of person who would stop everything to help someone in need and often drove hours away to help a fellow Factory Five builder through a rough patch in their build. He was a teacher by profession, but it was also his passion and he was very happy anytime he could help someone understand something new. He wasn’t the know-it-all type of guy. If someone was struggling with part of their build, he would be right along side them if he could while trying to find an answer and helping in any way possible. It actually took him over three years to finish his own Mark III Roadster due partly to the fact that he was very busy helping his friends build theirs. He was also the self-proclaimed ‘Redo King’ who had endless issues with two different engines in his car but would just laugh at his challenges and joke with his friends about his luck.

Robert was a teacher and lover of life who held his family and friends close. He was a giver of time like there was no other and so many people’s builds were touched by his hands. He truly embraced the philosophy of helping all those that he could and was always happy doing it while asking for absolutely nothing in return. Robert Feddersen was a true friend to our community and will be terribly missed.

Factory Five Racing is proud to announce the ‘Annual Robert Feddersen Memorial - Factory Five Legacy Award.

Each year, nominations will be accepted from the Factory Five community for those individuals who completely embrace the giving spirit and helpful way of Robert Feddersen and many other Factory Five community members across the nation and around the world. Roberts kind heart will always be remembered through this award and help remind us to give what we can to help others."

The past winners are:

2009 - Greg Marsh
    2010 - Paul Mastroianni
    2011 - Karen Salvaggio
    2012 - David Hodgkins
    2013 - Don Vaught
    2014 - Sean Lamontagne
    2015 - Frank Maslowski
    2016 - Wade Chamberlain

So having said that, please nominate those people that you feel had the "way above and beyond, helping, giving spirit and brotherhood" that Robert (as well as the past winners of this award) have shown.

Please use the Nomination Form below:

NOMINATION FORM

Please enter the person's name and possibly the screen name here on here or 'the other place'. Most importantly, please write in as much detail as you think will be helpful why the person would be a great choice.

Nominations will be accepted until midnight on Sunday, May 7th.

I'm going to be cross-posting this on both this board and 'the other place' to make sure everyone has the chance to nominate the person they feel so strongly about.

Thanks!

Randy and the selection committee.

Robert, I really miss you man

FFR Roadster Mark III, 500hp Small Block Chevrolet, TKO600, BMW Imola Red with silver ghost flamed stripes by the immortal Batman.

"There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!"

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There are a few fantastic forum members that are always giving us expert advice & well thought out solutions.

By no means am I one of them, but you know who they are.

Support this forum, by supporting them.

Thanks In Advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    I called and sent a few text this morning in the hopes of making a correction as to last years recipient. last years recipient of the Fedderson Award went to Wade Chamberlain. Since Wade had past away, the award was presented at the Open House to his wife Beth. The thread for that is here. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...673#post239673

I was also made aware this morning that there is a Private Message chain circulating urging members to nominate one particular member. But I want to remind all of you, this is NOT a popularity award. If you read the description above of how selfless and dedicated to this community Robert was, you would understand what this award stands for. I want all of you to nominate the person, that not just during your build process, but throughout your entire membership here has stood out to you as the most helpful and selfless person.

Lastly, I don't want Jeff Kleiner to be overlooked simply because of a typographical error. For the record, Jeff did receive an award last year but it was The Factory Five Legacy Award. http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...785#post239785
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank-

Thank you for clearing that up! Based on the original post, I would not have nominated Jeff, because it appeared he was already awarded. Since he has not been awarded, I hope folks take the time to consider him. Thanks again!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi all,

First, my sincere apologies for the mistake. Frank is absolutely correct, the 2016 award went to Wade Chamberlain. I am reminded to proofread my stuff, and always try to be as perfect as I can be about the very import things in life. This award is one of those things.

Also, as he mentioned, the award is about recognizing those people that give tirelessly of their time. It's the people that you call to ask about a particular wiring question that you have and they just show up after driving an hour, weekend after weekend to help you because they know wiring is `not your thing`. It's the people that take a project and rally everyone they know to finish it so a terminally ill friend can drive his dream in time. It's the person that wants badly to show you racing and everything about car setup and race lines, weekend after weekend, because they love it and they want, more than anything, for you to love it too. It's those people that that are always in your shop, and your life, helping. It's those things and everything else that the past award recipients have done for those in their lives.

So, thank you for considering those people that have the selfless spirit of Robert and the past winners. Thank you for taking the time to nominate somebody in your life that has it too.

Randy, David, and Karen

FFR Roadster Mark III, 500hp Small Block Chevrolet, TKO600, BMW Imola Red with silver ghost flamed stripes by the immortal Batman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you!

Hi all,

Thank you very much for the nominations for this year's award! At this time, the nomination window is closed and the team is excited to go through the submissions and choose a winner to be announced at the Factory Five Racing Open House this year in June.

Thanks!

Randy, David, and Karen. (the selection committee)