FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Axles no longer centered....

Post Thanks / Like

Axles no longer centered....

Got my trans rebuilt by a reputable shop (I think), and had them install a Quaife while I was there. Upon installation into the car, I noticed the axles don't quite sit the same left to right. Not sure if this is necessarily a problem or not, but it doesn't look right....

Frank - Build thread

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is same here. NO problem. No leaks at all. I have a Quaife too. One side just sticks out a bit further. I did actually have a leak at one point, but it was due to my banging the seal while installing the axle. I replace the seal later using the guide tool and haven't had any leaks since. 3,000 miles and 5 full days at the track so far and zero leaks or issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
    Is same here. NO problem. No leaks at all. I have a Quaife too. One side just sticks out a bit further. I did actually have a leak at one point, but it was due to my banging the seal while installing the axle. I replace the seal later using the guide tool and haven't had any leaks since. 3,000 miles and 5 full days at the track so far and zero leaks or issues.
    whew. that's a relief. I was really bummed for a second there. Thanks, hindsight! Hope to get down to see you soon in ATL!
    Frank - Build thread

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too. I would love to end up at a track together. I found a place right down the road from me that will rent me a 8.5x20' enclosed trailer for $100 a day so I may be able to do some more traveling to tracks too. Headed to Roebling this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine with the same LSD installed looks exactly the same, and I was worried as well. I haven't got around to driving it much, but it's a relief to hear that it probably isn't an issue