Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Conflicting info

Post Thanks / Like

Conflicting info

Hi Guys, 1st time here. I'm gathering info to build a 818C. I am getting some conflicting info on the donor car. An email from FFR states " you can use the engine and transaxle out of an STI.. but that's it." On this website it says that the trans "cannot be used" from the STI. Then in a different email from FFR I was told that I could use the STI 6 spd. Does it depend on the Year? What am i missing here? The 818 really looks like it meets everything i want in my next build. It's fast, not too much $$$, easy to get parts for and to modify, AND.... there won't be 10 of them lined up next to each other at the local diner cruz in.
    If someone could point me in the right direction on the donor it would be much appreciated. I know it's 02-07, I want turbo vs. N.A., and I would like to have the stronger 6spd if possible. I'm looking forward to joining the 818 family!

Thank you
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using a 2005 STI donor. No significant issues for the most part except the adapter to turn the trans into RWD. The only one I was able to find was from a company called Possum Bourne Motorsports in New Zealand. It was $1k (exchange rate dependent) and I'm not sure if they still make it.

http://www.possumbourne.co.nz/trans-and-diff-parts.html

There are a couple threads that go into more detail on the 6MT variations. Just do a quick search. The adapter kit FFR provides only works with certain year 6MTs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach34 View Post
    I'm using a 2005 STI donor. No significant issues for the most part except the adapter to turn the trans into RWD. The only one I was able to find was from a company called Possum Bourne Motorsports in New Zealand. It was $1k (exchange rate dependent) and I'm not sure if they still make it.

http://www.possumbourne.co.nz/trans-and-diff-parts.html

There are a couple threads that go into more detail on the 6MT variations. Just do a quick search. The adapter kit FFR provides only works with certain year 6MTs.
    Thx.... FFR send $300.00 for the adapter but did not say what years that it worked on