BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: MK4 - Mott Build School Class 2242 projects

Post Thanks / Like

Cool MK4 - Mott Build School Class 2242 projects

Hey guys -

I thought this would be a great place for us to stay in touch - and, most importantly, share (show off) our projects and any tips/tricks you run across in your build. Be sure to "Subscribe to this thread" so you're updated when new posts are made. It was fun meeting you all in Flint and building together. I'm looking forward to watching all of our projects get built. As I get deeper in my build, I know I'll miss having 12 guys there to supervise every step and fetch tools... Post some pictures when you update in here.

Best wishes from your friend in Idaho, good luck with your projects - and have fun wrenching!

-Matt
    Last edited by msbrown6; 05-23-2021 at 08:54 AM.

2. Thanks Rob Adkins thanked for this post
    Likes Rob Adkins, Todd Baumann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered the '35 Ford truck kit today. Power will be a Ford 347 stroker with Holey sniper FI, auto trans. Wimbledon white with red interior and red trim line down the side, red line tires. Bike fenders on the front, '35 ford fenders in the rear...no running boards. Il keep posting once it gets here. Great class and happy to get to know all of you . Please, all of you post your progress and decisions.

Cheers,

Chris

"The old guy"

4. Likes Todd Baumann liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had already ordered my kit prior to coming to class and it is still scheduled to be ready on 06/19/2021 (plus whatever lead time Stewart Transport has). Thanks to the class I did make several changes to my order, such as saving myself $3K by not getting the Wilwood brake option. Long story short, I am getting the Mk4 Roadster complete kit, independent rear suspension, standard front brakes, 13" IRS rear brakes, 351 headers, power steering kit, 3.55 IRS rear center section, vintage FFR gauges, chrome roll bar, etc. In addition, I have a new production Ford Racing Boss 427 short block, Ford Racing aluminum Z2 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake (to avoid clearance issues under the hood), Quicktime steel bellhousing, driveshaft safety loop, etc. I have ordered and paid for my Tremec TKX, but it is back ordered until July. I can't wait... 6 - 7 weeks and she should be here! I look forward to hearing about and seeing everyone else's builds. Good luck!

Rob
    FFR 10098, MK4 Roadster Complete Kit, IRS, 427ci, TKX, etc.
    Build Thread

6. Likes msbrown6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey fellas -

Placed my order for my MK4 yesterday. Pretty pumped! It will be done late October - and should arrive in November. Shipping with Stewart - was a little more than I was expecting, but I guess it has to come pretty far to Idaho...

I think I'll go with the 347 - everything I read and most of the guys in Flint seemed to think that the 427 looked fantastic but, in reality, may overpower the MK4. Will stick with the BluePrint Engines Builder Series 347CI Stroker Mustang Engine and TKX Manual Trans Package | Small Block Ford Style | Dressed Longblock with Fuel Injection | Aluminum Heads | Roller Cam | Black Front Accessory Drive - unless someone talks me into the 427... We'll see!

My MK4 order is for the: MK IV complete kit, powdercoated chassis, 302 headers and mount, hydraulic clutch kit, 31 spline 2015 IRS 8.375" driveshaft, cutouts done, competition aluminum race seats, power steering, standard front lower arms, IRS complete kit, electric ultra-lite gauge set, 17x9/10.5 5 lug Halibrand replica wheels, wind wings, sun visors, battery cut off switch, floor mats, rollbar grommets, side louvers, 2018 IRS 3.55 center section and spindles, Wilwood front and rear brake sets with red calipers (yes, my mental age is stuck around 17 years of age...).

I think I'll double up the roll bar - so I need to add one for the passenger side. Did I miss anything important?

Have ordered some additional things for the shop in preparation. Will be fun once it arrives!

-Matt
    Last edited by msbrown6; 05-16-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Matt,

So, at least 2 of us ordered kit’s after the class. Great!

Post your progress in the forum as you get going…. I will.

Cheers,

Chris

9. Likes msbrown6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Started my build thread to document the planning and arrival of the MK4. Check it out at https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...uild-adventure
    Matt in Idaho - Building an MK4 and taking my time. Build school grad 2021. MK IV complete kit, Blueprint 427, hydraulic clutch, 31 spline 2015 IRS 8.375" driveshaft, cutouts done, power steering, IRS complete kit, 2018 IRS 3.55 center section and spindles, Wilwood front and rear brake sets. Build thread

"There are no strangers here, only friends you haven't met yet” - William Yeats