BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lurker Who's Done Lurking And Ready To Build

Post Thanks / Like

Lurker Who's Done Lurking And Ready To Build

So, I registered back in 2012, and have been lurking, absorbing, and planning since. Not to mention saving (cha-ching).

I am a Mechanical Engineer (Wisconsin alumni, go Badgers!). I've lived in Southeast Michigan for ~20 years, and have been planning a Factory Five build for the last five or six years. I'm finally ready to dive in, so I thought I'd break my five plus year streak, and post an introduction.

I've done project cars before, including a couple 1st generation Broncos, but nothing as involved as building an entire car from the ground up. I've also built guitars, amplifiers, and effects pedals as a hobby. One amp, a Ted Weber 5e3 clone kit, is done in a tolex to match my planned FF build (partially I'm inserting this picture as forum practice, but it is an awesome amp).

5e3_Cabinet_Resized.jpg

I'm going to post my build plan in the Roadster forum, but wanted to say "hi" first. Hi! And, I hope that amp picture works...

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    All I Can Say Is Welcome Home!

It took me a few years before I ordered my project so I know how you feel.

Again, Welcome Home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum and i'll say I am a fan of Williamson type amps like the old Dynaco MK3. I am in the "driving with body pn with no final paint" as yet stage. If you haven't yet attended the build school, I recommendd it highly. My kit was delivered in July 2010 and it has taken me 6 1/2 years so far.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I just joined the Forum (also in Southeast Michigan). I am hoping to not be on here 5 to 6 1/2 Years before I get my Roadster kit (more likely 1 1/2 years).