BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Graduate Wareaglescott's #8900

Post Thanks / Like

Please Graduate Wareaglescott's #8900

I officially finished my build last week. A little over a year ago I decided on this project and had essentially zero automotive experience. After much research primarily on this forum and asking tons of questions I took a leap of faith and ordered my kit right before Memorial Day weekend taking advantage of the 50/50 sale. What a great project this has been. The completed car is really a dream come true.

The kit was delivered 6/28/16. 100 days later I had first start and the build took me 302 days to complete. The build is Coyote powered, with a TKO-600 and IRS. I did all the mechanical work and the paint and bodywork was performed by Whitby Motorcars in Greensboro, NC. I tried to do something unique with the color scheme and am quite pleased how it came out. I would say my favorite part of the car is my shifter. I have detailed it in my build thread but for those that have not seen it the shifter is out of my dads Air Force jet from 1968. It had a mechanical issue and was removed from the jet. He was able to keep it. The stick sat in his office my entire life and I played with the controls and buttons as a child. My dad passed away before I started the build and my mom gave me the stick. My dad played a huge role in me becoming a pilot and I could think of no better tribute to him than to use it in the car as my shifter. (Can easily be swapped out with 2 bolts for the standard shifter) It is certainly unique and not for everyone but I sure am proud to have it in the build!

I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone that has helped me along the way with this project. I entered this project with a large knowledge deficit. Without the fine group on this forum I can not imagine how I would have ever been able to do this. Time and again people have been so generous with their time and advice. At frustrating points along the way there was always encouragement to be found. The social aspect of this build has been really enjoyable. Made a group of friends all over the country that share a common hobby and I will likely never even meet most of them in person.

To anyone reading this that is considering a build but is unsure if they can pull it off I would encourage you to give it a shot. Seriously my prior automotive experience was changing my oil 25 years ago as a teenager. That is it! If you are willing to use this forum as a resource all the help you need can be found right here. If you are worried about asking dumb question don't be. I have already asked them all!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that has helped along the way. Here are some pictures:
    MORE PICTURES ON INSTAGRAM @scottscobra Photos by @shannalo

Last edited by wareaglescott; 05-04-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A Big Congratulations From Slidell Louisiana!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks fantastic! Very nicely done.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Love the color scheme - you really have built a nice car. These cars truly are a journey - both the build and the places they will take you when done... it never ends.

Best of luck and enjoy your ride.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, Scott. A beautiful, classy ride that can hit harder than Ali. Having lost my own Dad, I can truly appreciate the personal, historic touch. Bravo.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutley Awsome. I enjoyed following your build and really apprciate the job you have done. Watching this build helped me make my decision to order a kit. Kit gets delivered later this month, I will probably be contacting you in the future.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done, CONGRATULATIONS!
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Congrats on a lovely build! You will enjoy many miles of smiles with that beautiful roadster! Well done!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautifully done. I really like the single wide stripe. Just enough different from the usual double stripes to be really nice but similar enough that no one will be asking what the heck is this.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car. I like the badges on your reservoir covers. The details make your car pop!

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done Scott!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post
    Beautiful car. I like the badges on your reservoir covers. The details make your car pop!

John
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.

John those badges are actually homemade on a product called Alumajet. It is a thin printable sheet of aluminum with an adhesive backing you can print whatever you like on them with a home printer. After that you simply spray them with clear, cut to your desired size and stick them where you want them. Perfect for an engine bay application. I made them for a previous Mustang GT I had and at the 5 year point when I sold it they looked as good as the day I applied them. I don't think these would hold up to direct sunlight though.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Super nice job! Your Dad would be quite proud of you. Enjoy your new ride.

All the best,
    Len
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    great build love the colors and the stripe

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, I've obviously been following your build closely. Congratulations on working through some challenging issues and doing something like this for the first time. Your final result looks great. Love the color choices and how everything works together. Also really like the tribute to your dad. Now go and enjoy it!
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations,
    Beautiful craftsmanship throughout. Now you can decompress and enjoy the drive!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,
    Truly impressive build and a great build thread. I really enjoyed following along with your progress (much faster than mine) and have appreciated all of the documentation and personal details you have shared. I think your story is what FFR and this forum are all about. Congratulations.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Scott,

Congratulations on a very professional build. Hope you have many years enjoying the results of your labor. "Built not Bought" has special meaning to many of us.

Best Regards,

Kevin
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome and i second all the above comments. You have done a great job. Have fun and enjoy a job well done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Another beautiful roadster on the road. Congratulations.
    MK4 delivered 2/24/2017. Complete kit #9023,IRS, Power Steering, Leather, heater, 17" wheels, sway bar ft & rr, tremec 600 and Gordon Levy Racing SBF 427. First start and go kart 8/19/2017. Graduated 1/15/2018
    MK4 #9230 complete kit delivered 1/27/2018. IRS, PS, leather, Tremic 600, SBF 427. Graduation 10/15/2018
    MK3 #5253 donor bought unfinished. SBF 331, T5 Trans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Scott. Very Very nice. Enjoy the journey.

Now... Does this mean that it's time to get back to work and start slapping around some customers?
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

A bigger thanks goes to you leaving behind very detailed notes /photos of your build for those, including myself, that are about to pull the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve been lurking in the background following your thread and although I didn’t post much, you deserve praise for the beautiful car you completed. Even though it is stunning in pictures, I know the pictures don’t do complete justice to darker paint schemes so I look forward to seeing it in person someday when our paths cross. Did I say I really like the paint scheme? I think it’s destined for a POM.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go! A great build, Scott. Know it or not, you've been an inspiration to many, including me! Congratulations on a beautiful build.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on a beautiful build you've put together a shining example of what these cars can be. I love how you took the canvas of the kit and turned it into your own with some nice touches

Any chance you'll make it to the open house in Wareham? I'd love to see it in person

Chris aka Gromit

Ps if I had a vote, more than one one of your photos are POTM worthy. C

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Congratulations! Your car is stunning and the build thread you created, as others have already stated, was what pushed me over the fence and helped me decide to order my own roadster. Mine will be arriving in June. I can't wait to get started.

Thanks again,
    Dave
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    You've done a great job and I've been able to learn so much following your build...you should be proud of your accomplishment...its a shame your Dad can't see your handiwork! Congrats
    MK IV complete Kit - 1st time builder started Sept 2016
    Levy 306
    T5
    2015 Mustang IRS
    Power steering - Levy setup, Breeze roll bars, Thompson trunk box
    fuel injection, powder coating, sway bars, heater, wipers, 17 in wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Smokin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    Congratulations on a beautiful build you've put together a shining example of what these cars can be. I love how you took the canvas of the kit and turned it into your own with some nice touches

Any chance you'll make it to the open house in Wareham? I'd love to see it in person

Chris aka Gromit

Ps if I had a vote, more than one one of your photos are POTM worthy. C
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Can't make the open house this year. Hope to make it sometime in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job! Great looking car.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I posted in your build thread a few days ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    OK, I was going to wait to say this until you did a formal graduation but can't wait---fantastic job, big, BIG congratulations! Enjoy the ride my friend

Jeff
    Now I can say it for real! Fantastic job, big, BIG congratulations! Enjoy the ride my friend I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you are registered and begin getting in some miles!

Cheers,
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome looking car. War Eagle!

Post Thanks / Like
    Really awesome car. Gratz!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Job!! Beautiful Car!
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Tech Support, FFR Courtnie Provencher's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I know I said it in my email to you, but your car really did come out simply amazing. Congratulations on finishing your build with such a beautiful ending result. Enjoy it!!
    Courtnie Provencher
    Factory Five Tech Sales & Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your car, it looks fantastic !

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Can't wait to order my kit and start!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great car... I love the paint and your work.

Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast