BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Graduate Wareaglescott's #8900

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations.. Job well done. Love the story about the shifter. My running buddy is a retired "TomCat" jockey.
    Thanks,
    Al Adkins
    Certified "Kool Aid" drinker

Post Thanks / Like
    So awesome!!!! Congratulations on a unique and beautiful build!
    5.0 HO from a '93 Mustang, SVE heads, Trickflow stage 1 cam, Trickflow Street Burner intake manifold, T-5 w/mid shift, IRS
    Delivery 9-10-16, First Start 12-28-16, First Go-Kart 2-18-17
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-8951-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job...the paint stripe is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the photo in the latest FF newsletter blast! Time for many smiles per miles now.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, congrats! Proud of you brother!

Curious...... I wonder how many more kits FFR has sold this year because of you? Way to INSPIRE!

Swing by on you next SFO layover.
    Warmie

Post Thanks / Like
    Really appreciate the kind words everyone. What a great project it has been. Look forward to the fun times ahead.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott-

I know I have shared with you before my admiration for your build. She looks great, and now that she is finished, I know you all will enjoy her immensely!

Drive her well and frequently. I hope she brings you a pleasure that matches the pride you have in her!

Congratulations and well done!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,….. Like you've heard already from many others….great build! Yours was an exceptional story that I followed closely and had even more of my attention being a AF Vet myself and having had the pleasure to work with some great AF pilots. The color scheme chosen was awesome, its all the little touches that made this build so much fun to watch….. well done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Like you, for me, the build was everything. I had so much fun putting one of these things together. Great job Scott. I've also encourage people who are sitting on the fence with doubts about their mechanical abilities to dive in. Following the instructions from FFR and forum suppliers will net a great ride. You don't need to be an Obi Wan. The Coyote is plug and play power and the ride with this engine is easy to control until the right foot pushes the tach past 4K. I enjoyed your build thread also. Good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woo hoo. Street legal as of today
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the plate!!
    1972 Corvette Stingray 350 c.i. Manual Steering & Brakes
    2003 H-D Softail Deuce 88 c.i. TwinCam
    Gen 3 Coupe Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like

wow

Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    I officially finished my build last week. A little over a year ago I decided on this project and had essentially zero automotive experience. After much research primarily on this forum and asking tons of questions I took a leap of faith and ordered my kit right before Memorial Day weekend taking advantage of the 50/50 sale. What a great project this has been. The completed car is really a dream come true.

The kit was delivered 6/28/16. 100 days later I had first start and the build took me 302 days to complete. The build is Coyote powered, with a TKO-600 and IRS. I did all the mechanical work and the paint and bodywork was performed by Whitby Motorcars in Greensboro, NC. I tried to do something unique with the color scheme and am quite pleased how it came out. I would say my favorite part of the car is my shifter. I have detailed it in my build thread but for those that have not seen it the shifter is out of my dads Air Force jet from 1968. It had a mechanical issue and was removed from the jet. He was able to keep it. The stick sat in his office my entire life and I played with the controls and buttons as a child. My dad passed away before I started the build and my mom gave me the stick. My dad played a huge role in me becoming a pilot and I could think of no better tribute to him than to use it in the car as my shifter. (Can easily be swapped out with 2 bolts for the standard shifter) It is certainly unique and not for everyone but I sure am proud to have it in the build!

I would like to give a huge thank you to everyone that has helped me along the way with this project. I entered this project with a large knowledge deficit. Without the fine group on this forum I can not imagine how I would have ever been able to do this. Time and again people have been so generous with their time and advice. At frustrating points along the way there was always encouragement to be found. The social aspect of this build has been really enjoyable. Made a group of friends all over the country that share a common hobby and I will likely never even meet most of them in person.

To anyone reading this that is considering a build but is unsure if they can pull it off I would encourage you to give it a shot. Seriously my prior automotive experience was changing my oil 25 years ago as a teenager. That is it! If you are willing to use this forum as a resource all the help you need can be found right here. If you are worried about asking dumb question don't be. I have already asked them all!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that has helped along the way. Here are some pictures:
    MORE PICTURES ON INSTAGRAM @scottscobra Photos by @shannalo

Looks great. What is the color? May be the best looking one I have seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Awesome Car!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice.

You ought to be proud.

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome paint scheme, congrats

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clancypm View Post
    Looks great. What is the color? May be the best looking one I have seen.
    Thanks everyone.

The gray is a GM color called Labyrinth. The orange is from a Corvette called Atomic Orange.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott. awesome build, where did you get the side pipe shields ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Really nice Scott. Awesome job and your build log has been and will continue to be an inspiration. Look forward to hearing about some of your favorite drives.

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bil1024 View Post
    Scott. awesome build, where did you get the side pipe shields ?
    Those are drummer mikes heat shield. Found him on the other forum. Highly recommend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12