FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roadster dash pics

Post Thanks / Like

Roadster dash pics

I'm finally setting up my gauges in the dash for my MKIV and would like some photos of different dash configurations front and back. Also I'd like to see what people used for common power and ground buses. I'm using the Autometer FFR set of gauges. Any input on what not to do would be appreciated. Thanks in advance my friends. Nick C

Post Thanks / Like

3. Thanks toadster thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jakester888 can I ask where you got your labeled/engraved switch bezels?
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I started with a blank dash from F5 and covered it in 3M’s 1080 vinyl, printed to look like carbon fiber. NOTE: The 1080 vinyl is VERY fragile. I nicked it a couple of times tightening switches. Fortunately, I was able to repair the damage - mostly. If you choose to use a vinyl printed to look like carbon fiber, I highly recommend painting the underlying aluminum the same base color as the veneer. That way if you nick the vinyl, you won't have bright shiny metal showing through. Or you could contact http://www.protechcomposites.com and get a quote for a 12"x60" piece of real carbon fiber.

I've cleaned up the wiring in the back a little bit, but it's still a mess. I should find out this week if everything works.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    I have original Smiths gauges (mechanical - for the most part) set in the S/C layout. But, I also added a glove box that I made myself (only about 1" deep due to the heater) and a bunch of reproduction '65 Mustang switches.

Everything is hooked up using a Ron Francis wiring harness from FFR, but I used a reproduction '65 Mustang harness for the engine bay and had to make that work with the ignition switch, so there was a little of mix-and-match going on behind the dash.

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris
    Are you using a mech speedo?

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FAST4U View Post
    Chris
    Are you using a mech speedo?

Bill
    Yes sir - used a T5 out of a '94 SVT, so I had to chuck the electronic speed sensor and go with a cable. I use a reverser and it's positioned directly above one of the under dash tubes and that's how I get the cable to the back of the speedo.

Here's a pic....

Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a brass buss bar attached to the lower firewall cross frame, for a common ground, and a couple different ones for 12V+ One buss is always hot, for horn, lights, cockpit lights, power outlet, etc. the other (black box) is for switched only power, (ignition in on position) for wipers, heater, auxiliary driving lights, foot-box cooler fan, etc.

FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the pics and info gents. Nice set up AC Bill. Where did you get the buss bars? Nick C

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Straversi View Post
    Jakester888 can I ask where you got your labeled/engraved switch bezels?
    Tommy Tunstall - Bestway Signs. About $10 each. [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NICK C View Post
    Thanks for the pics and info gents. Nice set up AC Bill. Where did you get the buss bars? Nick C
    Thanks..The standard buss bar on the left, and the brass stud type on the frame are readily available at most good marine supply stores. Go 2 Marine has a good selection on their web site. The black terminal box on the right is not very common. An electrical engineer friend gave it to me, and I have no idea where he got it. It serves the same purpose as a buss bar, but allows for spade connectors to be used.
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_9515[1].JPG
    I found this led light strip in my electrical system completion box for my MKIV. Is it for interior lighting? I may have missed its use reading the manuel

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry not good at posting and typing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NICK C View Post
    IMG_9515[1].JPG
    I found this led light strip in my electrical system completion box for my MKIV. Is it for interior lighting? I may have missed its use reading the manuel
    It's the courtesy light for the footwell. Install instructions are in the wiring harness instruction manual
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17 Legal: 10/5/17 Graduated: 10/15/18
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful DANW. Thanks Jdav.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went carbon fiber and copper inlays.DSC_7932.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterAdam View Post
    I went carbon fiber and copper inlays.DSC_7932.jpg
    I am stalking this sub because I am finally doing my dash too and the wiring is a little overwhelming. MisterAdam: where did you get your shift boot? I have a mid-shift setup also and that looks great! Are you using rubber boot under it? (Sorry for the mini-thread hijack!)
    5.0 HO from a '93 Mustang, SVE heads, Trickflow stage 1 cam, Trickflow Street Burner intake manifold, T-5 w/mid shift, IRS
    Delivery 9-10-16, First Start 12-28-16, First Go-Kart 2-18-17
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-8951-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my dash setup. Nothing fancy just functional. I looked high and low for a shift boot for my mid shifter with a short trans shifter. Was about to spend over 100 for one and I came across an Ebay one. It was about 15 bucks. Had too wide of a base but some careful trimming and tucking and it came out looking pretty good. No boot under it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my dash setup before it was installed. I do not have any pictures of the back of it.

Ryan Valin
    Valin's Custom Cars, Inc.

[email protected]
    (705) 207-4297

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan,
    That is an awesome job!!!!!

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ron, it look me many months and lots of going back to the drawing board

Post Thanks / Like
    No reason to apologize. Your interior work is simply- Stunning! You have real talent. 5 stars!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my dash along with wiring and power distribution

Last edited by CDXXVII; 05-07-2017 at 12:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow CDXXVII! Nicely done ^^^
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    My gauges just arrived and I am beginning the dash. This thread has been super helpful. I see that in the FF instructions, the speedo is far left and the tach is to the right of it, behind the steering wheel. However, on the FF website the silver car they show has it swapped. For the street layout, is there one that is more "period correct"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DANW View Post
    So that's all custom? Did you fabricate all that yourself? Absolutely gorgeous..

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's mine. Some of you guys are making me want to take mine down and tidy up my wiring. I got too excited and threw mine together to see if it all worked and haven't been able to take time away to clean up the wiring I also have a spot or two that needs some extra adhesive on the vinyl.

untitled6.jpg
    Michael
    MK4 #7804
    Plans:
    3V SOHC 4.6 Powered, TR-3650, 3-Link (3.31) 17" Chrome FR500's, Dual Roll Bars, Speedhut Gauges
    Ordered: OCT-2012 Delivered: 16-MAY-2012 First Start: 21-JUN-2015 First Drive: 26-MAY-2016 Paint: TBD Licensed & Tagged: 23-NOV-2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the fine examples of your work gentlemen. I'm always amazed of the talent and diversity from our forum. Nick C

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Rome, did all myself, i just won't tell you how long it took and by the way you can buy 4X8 ft sheets of aluminum and sometimes it takes more than one to get it right.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are just beginning to fab our dash, but here's a tease of the concept sketch that we're building to and a couple of CAD screen shots:

interior_concept.jpg80075__persp.jpg

Some things like the HVAC controls & vents, shifter surround & other details have changed a bit, but it's largely true to the concept. The center of the dash & top of the console will be gloss "piano black", the yellow stripe will be gloss vinyl wrap, the door insert will be padded black fabric and the rest of the door and dash will be black vinyl, the dash being padded.

We're using custom Speedhut gauges with our logos on them. Here are the 3 larger gauges:

2017-04-11 09.56.02.jpg

More info as we progress in our Mark IV build thread.
    Last edited by Doug @ Forma; 05-09-2017 at 11:31 AM.
    Doug
    Former Design Director at FormaCars

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug @ Forma View Post
    We are just beginning to fab our dash, but here's a tease of the concept sketch that we're building to and a couple of CAD screen shots:

interior_concept.jpg80075__persp.jpgAttachment 67611

Some things like the HVAC controls & vents, shifter surround & other details have changed a bit, but it's largely true to the concept. The center of the dash & top of the console will be gloss "piano black", the yellow stripe will be gloss vinyl wrap, the door insert will be padded black fabric and the rest of the door and dash will be black vinyl, the dash being padded.

We're using custom Speedhut gauges with our logos on them. Here are the 3 larger gauges:

2017-04-11 09.56.02.jpg

More info as we progress in our Mark IV build thread.
    This interior is going to be amazing! Cant wait to see it finished.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally not my cup of tea, but it's very modern and efficient looking, if that's the look one is after. The colored edge trim, gives it a real custom show car look.

Post Thanks / Like
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_4930.JPGIMG_4808.JPGIMG_5873.JPG

Here is mine. I centered the speedo and gauges above.
    Last edited by jetheft; 05-14-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    Joel "Beef" Heft
    LIFE'S JOURNEY is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shi*, what a ride!"

FFR MK3 #4306, 05 Mustang 4.6L 3V, 5 Speed, IRS, Dual Roll Bars, Power Steering and Power Brakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast