Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Just FYI on a carburetor issue

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI on a carburetor issue

I had been having a difficult time getting the car started after driving it somewhere and letting it sit for 30 - 60 minutes. It acted like it was flooded and even after getting it started it would hesitate badly for a few minutes. After calling the Quick Fuel tech line we figured out that the fuel was vaporizing and draining the bowls into the manifold. I installed the QFT Cool Insulator and that solved the problem. It's that time of year when the weather starts getting a little warm in Tucson so others may have this problem soon!
    Just FYI for those who are less experienced with carburetor like I am.image.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads up and the interesting solution. I thought that primarily happened on British sports cars with the carbs above the exhaust manifolds. I've never had that problem on a typical V8, although your ambient temps in AZ do get pretty hot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have an Electric or Mechanical fuel pump?
    I'm still in the middle of my build, and I'm running a low-pressure in-tank fuel pump, dead-headed to the carb.
    I doubt I'll have any vapor-lock issues (in tank pump).. but.. I wonder if the heat here in S.Texas will reproduce what you are seeing with vaporizing fuel in the bowls. or.. if a different pump setup will eliminate the issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm running an external electric fuel pump. I didn't have this problem until temps started getting into high 80's and above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
    Thanks for the heads up and the interesting solution. I thought that primarily happened on British sports cars with the carbs above the exhaust manifolds. I've never had that problem on a typical V8, although your ambient temps in AZ do get pretty hot.
    Triple digits this week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the Heads up.

I am in florida and we will likely have many many days into the 90's as we have already had. I just installed a new QFT Carburator and haven't had any issues as yet, its good to know that something like this works.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.