Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wirenut's 818s

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wirenut's 818s

Finally time to get this thing started.

My journey started about 2 years ago while being stuck over in Indonesia. My wife's job had brought us there and we were 2 years into a 4 year rotation. Had some great times, but after a couple of years I couldn't help but think of what I was going to do when we got moved back to the States. I knew I was going to tackle a build/rebuild, but I wasn't sure what until I found the 818. It check all of my boxes. Challenging, good looking, lots of room for customization and most importantly it is a fast modern HOT ROD. So I was in. I could wait, so about a year ago I ordered the kit and had it sent to my dad's in Dallas. About the same time I ordered a Donor from VCP Wayne (and a few other goodies). I came in last summer for a couple of weeks and prepped some of the donor parts and sent the harness off to iWire.

Fast forward to today...We were transfered to Houston and finally got here at the end of March. Since then we bought a house, 2 cars and the million other things it takes to live. Things started calming down last weekend so I jump on a plane to Dallas, rented a 20' Uhaul and loaded it up. My dad and I drove down I-45 and finally the 818 was in my garage.

Messy!

Soon to be heart of the monster...

Next I had to clean up the mess so my wife could get her new car in the garage. Got keep the wife happy if I'm going to be able to keep doing these money-pit-projects....

By the way...I picked up that winch storage from Home Depot online for $150. It's really awesome. I'm buying another. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Racor-250...L-1R/100464807

I guess that's it. I should be making some quick progress in the next month. Ready to get started!

Bonus Pic...Water Buffalo!!!!

Last edited by wirenut; 05-04-2017 at 05:30 PM.