Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Removable Passenger Rollbar

Post Thanks / Like

Removable Passenger Rollbar

Hi Guys,

I found out my local track requires a passenger roll bar, if I want to take a passenger for a spin around the track. I assume most tracks are this way. I'm not real crazy about having two roll bars in the car all the time, so I was thinking of making the passenger side removable. I'm pretty sure this has been done before. I searched the forum, but I'm not finding anything. Can someone point me in the right direction? I am curious as to how difficult it is to install and remove the roll bar and how the builder did the plugs to fill in the holes.

Thanks,

Frank
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone on the other forum made trim rings that had a spring loaded center just for this purpose.

I certainly wouldn't ride on the track without a roll bar. You should also be wearing arm restraints. I know a guy that rolled his EM Cobra on the track. Three years of therapy because he didn't know about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank-

I believe that Greg did this mod, and details it pretty well on the other forum. Do a search under Greg_M, and I think you will find what you are looking for. pcww also mentions thinking about doing it, but I am fairly sure that Greg is the only one to have actually done it.

Good luck!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks WIS89. I know I've seen something about it somewhere. I haven't looked a the other forum for a long time. That's probably why I couldn't find it. Thanks!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines