Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Formacars 818 Front Inner Fenders

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07FIREBLADE View Post
    If anyone wants my new set that is coming send me an offer. I didn't ask and I dont really want to install them since I already spent the money PCing my current set...
    PM'd you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug @ Forma View Post
    We'll be holding off on the increase until next week in order to accommodate anybody who has been "on the fence" about getting a set. Any orders placed by 8/6 will get the new liners at the old price of $159, shipped. If you were thinking of these act now and take advantage of this discount.
    ok, ok, you pushed me over, I can't pass up a discount!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. For us it was a no brainer, we'd have been disappointed had we purchased them and found them dented from the ball joint, so replacing them was simply the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank818 View Post
    I'll strike!!

Doug, one question, how far on the outside of the top fender do they go? I have ZeroDB's fender louvers right on top and I'd like to know if there's a chance it can interfere.
    I can measure how far from the inside top fender lip the louvers are, that way you could tell me?
    It's about 4" at the front and 2" at the rear, and a straight line in between. See the pics below:

dims_2.jpgdims_1.jpg
    Doug
    Former Design Director at FormaCars

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07FIREBLADE View Post
    If anyone wants my new set that is coming send me an offer. I didn't ask and I dont really want to install them since I already spent the money PCing my current set...
    Geez, FormaCars sends you an improved set for free and you steal a sale from them. As is often said, no good deed goes unpunished.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your participation, folks. All orders have been shipped, and we eagerly await some real-world feedback!

The new price is now in place on our website.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just gonna sit on my shelf since it would cost me 2x as much as they are worth to install. After I powder coat them and recharge my AC since my hoses come through the fender. Plus I've spent a pretty penny picking up there wipers this weekend. ��

New Holland, Ohio (1 hour south of Columbus Ohio)
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you that are complaining about price. These are a fully engineered product. prototyped, and tested.
    cars are 3d scanned and the place is full of engineers. While i personally know these guys, there is a lot of work to bring a limited audience product to market. Look at herbs custom door panels for a mk4 roadster, hundreds of dollars, russ thompsons parts the same, Levy racings billet control arms (1300 a set). By the way, FormaCars parts actually fit unlike ffr's. i just spent 4 hours fitting door sills on a customers car at a reasonable labor rate that is hundreds of dollars in labor. Time is the one and only thing that you cannot replace when building a car. if there is a vendor that makes a part that will save a lot of time because it is well thought out and actually fits, it actually costs you less.

End rant...;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12