Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member from Tampa

Post Thanks / Like

New Member from Tampa

Grew up on a dairy farm in upstate NY. 1st car a 64 1/2 mustang fastback that I installed a 69 302 boss in. Spent 22 years in the Air Force seeing the world and settled in Tampa after retiring. I stayed in electronics and have been a Test Engineer manager for 20 years at a local electronics manufacturer.
    I have been a member since November 2016 and will be starting my build soon. Always wanted to build a hot rod and I'm anxious to get started. I will be attending the 33 build school May 12-14, hope to have some of my questions answered at the class to help me make the best decision on what options to go with.
    I currently plan on visiting FFR on 5 June for a tour and to finalize and place my order. Will be installing a Blue Print engine and was surprised with the feedback from them that most people go with a SBC vs. a Ford engine.
    I have learned a lot by just reading the 33 forum daily. Looking forward to being able to chime in with my own issues and helping fellow members with their issues.

Neil

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Aboard Tampa33,

I almost went with that platform, but since I could only afford one kit so I went with the MK-4, which is Chevy Powered.
    Good Luck & Have A Great Build!

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 05-05-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Sir! Yes lots more SBC over here on the dark side.. Steve wishes he wasn't so alone over with the Roadsters

Have fun at build school and don't forget to share whatever secrets you hear - I haven't been
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered 33 on 27 May 2017
    Blueprint SBC 400 fuel injected, 700R4 automatic, IRS, bike fenders, hard top.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!!! Are you going to let that Upstate Dairy Farm background influence the paint scheme?? Black n White rural camo? Wish that IRS frame had been available when I ordered mine. Oh well. Sounds like plans for a quick build is coming to the forum. Any plans for the A/C unit? Looking forward to seeing posts in the build forum.

Enjoy,

BW

Post Thanks / Like
    BW,

Yes added AC, Power Steering, and power windows options with 12.88 Wilwood front and rear brakes. The 40% off sale on options was too good to pass on.

I still love to visit upstate NY will be there next week after stopping by FFR to tour the factory and go over the order with a tech to ensure I did not miss something.

Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the Forum Neil. I am just South of you in Port Charlotte and have a customers 33 in my garage that I am working on. You're welcome to come take a look anytime.

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Henry,

I will take you up on the visit when I return from vacation.

Neil

Post Thanks / Like
    Neil,
    Welcome to the forum and the fun, and

Henry...we should get the Florida Guys in touch w each other, I am on the Other coast, Near to Daytona, getting ready for paint on my MK4.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.