Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wife said yes!

Post Thanks / Like

Wife said yes!

My wife, who is also the treasurer for my S-corp, is on-board! Had to present the financials on an excel spreadsheet, she is a wonderful woman but also business oriented. One forum member told me to ply her with wine, but it was an easy sell. Thanks to Planecrazy1976 who opened his garage to show me his build, midway. Look forward to placing my order in the next week or so.
    Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences, both good and bad, and look forward to joining the club!
    Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! It's much nicer to be able to discuss openly, my wife and I have been looking at every shade of Burgundy for weeks now. She finally "gets it"

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!
    How is she going to handle it when you blow the spread sheet numbers up? lol
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Eric that's awesome. Congrats you'll love every minute of the build and on the plus side you get to do it side by side with your daughter. Glad she is pumped also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. I dreamt about a Factory Five for 9 years! I was consulting and moving constantly, so the situation just wasn't right. When we finally settled down, I hadn't even mentioned it for about a year. Out of the blue, my wife said, "Order your Factory Five kit".

My advice is DO IT QUICK, before anything changes!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Selling two motorcycles to have cash on the side. I know how to 'cook the books!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. My wife is the reason I did mine. I had been talking about it and one night (after some wine) out of the blue she said go get yourself your dream car. So I did. Just recently completed it and we went for a long drive. She is not a car person but says she loves the look on my face when I am driving it. Well worth it. Enjoy the build it is part of the experience. Ahh probably double the budget though! These guys here can spend your money very fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard Eric, now burn the spreadsheet

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats man. I didn't have the wife road block, but I had the daughter road block. She loves hanging out in the garage with me. She is 4. I give her a hammer and a board by the car the beat on... And she gets me tools.... She loves it.... It is probably one of the best feelings I get, when she says "dad I want to help with the car tonight"

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what's really ahead, as I too am in the about to pull the trigger mode, but my wife's buy-in will likely be one of the biggest milestones of this whole project. Would of never have just done it unilaterally given the budget. I call it buy-in, as opposed to permission. But, yeah, she probably considered it more permission than buy-in. Whatever, man, we're building Roadsters. Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eespensen View Post
    Selling two motorcycles to have cash on the side. I know how to 'cook the books!'
    Would either happen to be a 2006 H-D Softail Springer with low mileage???? If so, PM me. LOL
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Save all your receipts
    put them in a box as you collect them
    and

NEVER OPEN THE BOX and don't write down any amounts.
    (also helps to have Amazon deliver to your office)

wasn't mine, but I saw 4 racing/Autocross tires delivered to work a couple months ago!

Good Luck, building is a GREAT experience, but driving is even BETTER.
    F5R #7446: MK4, 302, T5 midshift, 3.55 Posi IRS, 17" Halibrands
    Delivered 4/4/11, First start 9/29/12, Licensed 4/24/13, off to PAINT 2/15/14!! Wahoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great STories...
    There used to be a guy on the other forum who was building a FFr Roadster that did not tell his wife. H said he had the kit delivered to a friends house and he was building the kit at his friends place and she did not know anything about it.

Very Dangerous in my estimation.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    Would either happen to be a 2006 H-D Softail Springer with low mileage???? If so, PM me. LOL
    Sorry, no. A KTM SDR 2008 and a BMW S1000RR 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a guy that's coming to buy my 2007 H-D Softail Deuce with less than 1,700 mile tonight (hopefully). That's pretty close to an '06 Springer, and certainly low miles.

Eespensen: I used Cycle Trader and had ligitamate calls and emails from all over the country (and a few of the obligatory scam artists). Two solid buyers on the first day after posting the ad, and more in the days that followed. Just sharing, if you're actually looking to sell those two bikes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MPTech View Post
    Save all your receipts
    put them in a box as you collect them
    and

NEVER OPEN THE BOX and don't write down any amounts.
    (also helps to have Amazon deliver to your office)

wasn't mine, but I saw 4 racing/Autocross tires delivered to work a couple months ago!

Good Luck, building is a GREAT experience, but driving is even BETTER.
    Oh... don't forget to burn the box when your done!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eespensen View Post
    Ha! I laughed out loud at this!

Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like
    EeSpensen, I know what you are saying about the presentation. I haven't ordered my FFR yet, but I got permission from my wife earlier this year. I did a nice presentation that covered al the high level details as well as how I plan to pay for it all. I'll also be selling a Harley to be covering a portion of the expenses.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked my wife if she knew what a Shelby Cobra was. She said I think so. Why? .... I just bought one. She replied Cool. Married 20 yrs and to a person who tolerates me pretty well I'd say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mach'er View Post
    I have a guy that's coming to buy my 2007 H-D Softail Deuce with less than 1,700 mile tonight (hopefully). That's pretty close to an '06 Springer, and certainly low miles.

Eespensen: I used Cycle Trader and had ligitamate calls and emails from all over the country (and a few of the obligatory scam artists). Two solid buyers on the first day after posting the ad, and more in the days that followed. Just sharing, if you're actually looking to sell those two bikes.
    Thanks! I'm a fan of cycletrader, I've owned over 50 bikes and buy and sell all the time. Time for a real toy in the garage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Spreadsheets? We don't need no stinking spreadsheets!
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It took some convincing to get my wife's buy-in, so I know the feeling of getting the "yes"! I did up a spreadsheet with my plan in phases and totaled it all up with a 10% margin and my wife just laughed. She already assumes it will cost far more than what I came up with, so I guess that's my get-out-of-jail-free card to toss the spreadsheet and enjoy the build.

I ordered back in January and set up a June delivery, so it's getting close now. I wired FFR my payment on Tuesday and already have a tracking number for my Wilwoods and the UPS freight guy left a message today that I assume is to set up delivery of my rear axle or my wheels and tires. Stuart Trans. is estimating a pick-up on June 5th and delivery between the 12th and 19th.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm excited for all of you new purchasers of the roadster. Have fun and remember that the journey is as much fun as the destination. Sometimes even more so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KDubU View Post
    Spreadsheets? We don't need no stinking spreadsheets!
    When your wife has an MBA, excel spreadsheets help.