Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cobra is coming today!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cobra is coming today!

Jerry called from Stewart transport and will be at my home this afternoon with the complete kit. 3 link Moser rear end already in garage.
    Blueprint 347 EFI / 600TKO being built now!
    Can't wait to start my new adventure!

Post Thanks / Like
    the fun begins.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Post some pics when it arrives!
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations & Welcome To The Family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Makgecko2017! And Thanks for choosing BluePrint Engines. If you have any questions concerning the engine, don't hesitate to give us a call. I'll be watching your build closely, because you are going with the exact drivetrain combo I am planning to go with. Good luck!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoo! That's gotta be an exciting phone call to receive.

I'd love to hear a thorough report of how the Stewart Transportation delivery process goes, if you're willing to share. I'll be ordering as soon as FF has their next sale (if I can wait that long), and am still trying to decide whether to go that route. Please, post pics, and tell the tale!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you pick it up, you have to pay tax on the price. There are a lot of boxes that need to be in the dry for the trip, a lot of large boxes. Stewart has the transportation and delivery down pat. If you are rural, they need a place to turn around, tractor trailer, and clear any low hanging limbs or overhead utilities. They have a 4 wheel dolly that will move the body/chassis. I have a lift and the dolly was rolled between the post, swing the arms under the frame and lift off the dolly. I am sure a good floor jack and jack stands will work. You may want to pad the jack and stands, if your frame is powder coated. It will be good to have a couple of helping hands. The drivers do a lot of the work in unloading, but you and the driver will appreciate the bucket brigade in unloading the boxes. No negatives on Stewart's delivery. I would do it again, with hesitation.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    No negatives on Stewart's delivery. I would do it again, with hesitation.
    Indeed; Jerry delivered my kit in 2015 and my friend JRCuz's car a couple of months ago. He's super squared away. And the Stewart price is a no-brainer (unless you've already got a trailer AND enough enclosed cargo capacity for 20+ boxes).

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post
    Indeed; Jerry delivered my kit in 2015 and my friend JRCuz's car a couple of months ago. He's super squared away. And the Stewart price is a no-brainer (unless you've already got a trailer AND enough enclosed cargo capacity for 20+ boxes).

John
    Like John said nothing but high praise for Stewart Trans and Jerry. I couldn't be happier with them.
    JRCuz
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Stewart does a great job. Very helpful and well worth the money.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations and welcome to the group !
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thank You all! Feeling a Great but don't know what to do first after taking body off and taking inventory. To much excitement!!

Delivery from jerry was Seamless and I feel the Best way to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Photograph how all the installed aluminum panels overlap. That way you have a reference when you install them permanently. After that, it's Page 1 Step 1!

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    I made notes on the panels, ie which overlapped which, which side, front and rear direction, etc. The writing wipes off easily with carb, brake cleaner or solvent.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.