Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hotchkis control arm question with 2000 mustang axle

Future Mk4 builder/owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hotchkis control arm question with 2000 mustang axle

I am hoping someone can help me with this issue. My friend has a 2000 Mustang axle and he is going to be starting out using the quad shocks setup. I have a pair of Hotchkiss rear lower control arms that I want to give him but I'm not sure if they will fit. He doesn't live near me so I have to ship them, but I'd rather not pay to send something that he can't use.

The Hotchkis rear control arms are for 79-99 Mustangs. But what confuses me, is ALL the factory five control arms are the same legth no matter what axle you have. So if it's the same length add the ffr LCA's wouldnt it work? Especially Since his car axle supposedly will work with the ffr arms?

Is there something I'm missing that will prevent this from working? Thanks for the help from anyone giving it.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady302 View Post
    I am hoping someone can help me with this issue. My friend has a 2000 Mustang axle and he is going to be starting out using the quad shocks setup. I have a pair of Hotchkiss rear lower control arms that I want to give him but I'm not sure if they will fit. He doesn't live near me so I have to ship them, but I'd rather not pay to send something that he can't use.

The Hotchkis rear control arms are for 79-99 Mustangs. But what confuses me, is ALL the factory five control arms are the same legth no matter what axle you have. So if it's the same length add the ffr LCA's wouldnt it work? Especially Since his car axle supposedly will work with the ffr arms?

Is there something I'm missing that will prevent this from working? Thanks for the help from anyone giving it.
    The 2000 lower arms should fit and will measure 17 5/8" in length, center to center, and are used for the 3 & 4 link set up.
    The uppers will too and will be big plus, especially if they are the adjustable length set that will allow you to properly the pinion angle.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 05-17-2017 at 10:05 AM.