BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Maybe a build thread?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a build thread?

Ordered a Type 65 R coupe kit today. Forte is building a 500+ hp 363. Building toward ST1 or SU.

Stay tuned.........

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

The new Type-65 is amazing.
    We saw it last year at Cruising The Emerald Coast.
    You won't be disappointed.

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 05-18-2017 at 07:26 AM.

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

I may have to come visit you ... I've got a Gen 3, street version, on order. I saw your "for sale" ad for a challenge car. If I didn't already have one, I would have jumped on that good deal!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Steve & Garry. Garry - met an associate of yours the other day when Randy Tillman visited me to see the Challenge car and the shop. Super guy.

Welcome to visit any time. My completion date is July 8 - what's yours?

Hope to do a build thread if time permits.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I can't help myself. Let's get started. Type 65 R ordered. Completion date 7/8/17. Just got off the phone with John at Aviaid; a 4 stage dry sump system is on the way. Front and rear Wilwood Big Brake kits, Ron Davis radiator w/ integral oil cooler, TKO 500, AIM MGX dash/datalogger all in inventory. Coilovers on the way. Forte's putting together a 363 Ford SB on a Dart Sportsman block with forged rotating assembly. Carbureted and with a distributor, by gosh. Visiting FFR and Forte's next Wed. Will complete order at FFR to include rear wing (the 1000), front race nose with splitter, maybe canards, probably fender vents and hood louvers. and who knows what else.

The above is only 1% of the reason why life is good.

More to follow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

Congrats on the new car; I'm looking forward to hearing about your build. Certainly hope to take advantage of your experience and knowledge as I work on my friend's Gen 3 and my new Challenge Car.

BTW, thanks for the great deal. For those that don't know I bought Bill's Challenge Car. An "early bird" thing, just couldn't resist.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Jim; see you soon.

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

I put a down payment on the Gen 3 but won't take delivery until late this year or early next year. We're putting our house up for sale and moving to Rome ... Georgia, that is, not the other Rome! I saw Randy at the Summit Cruise In several weeks ago and told him about your adv. for the challenge car.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what he said. Rome's a very nice town. No distance from here. Welcome to come see car in process.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, let me know how I can help.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new Coupe. Post lots of pics of your progress!

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Way to go Bill, You're going to LOVE the new Gen3!

Here are some links with tips...

...about managing a build thread title:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...tle-Guidelines

Embedding pics using our gallery:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...tures-in-posts

More about offsite pics:
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-post-pictures

Can't wait to see you get started!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, John.

David - very helpful and appreciate your support.

Stay tuned......

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats on the purchase, I was debating getting an R version but ended up getting the gen 3 street car. my completion date is today, should have it in a couple weeks. cant wait to start bulding, and cant wait till the day I get to take it to the track.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a brief update; everything accomplished that was mentioned in post #5 above. Ordered with complete aero pkg. Mike (Forte) is hard at work on the engine. He'll run it in, Dyno test it, and ship it with a Canton oil pan on it. I'll install the Aviaid dry sump system when I get it. I'm hoping the engine will be bulletproof - Dart iron block with all forged internals. Going to run a Quartermaster dual disc clutch- a new experience for me.

Visited FFR, where I had a chance to look over the Snap-on Type 65 R in some detail. Very nice build. Third visit to FFR since I became a customer in 2008, and everything just keeps getting better.

Forte's shop is the Great American speed shop, and Mike is a genuinely nice guy.

Have a new camera which I have to sort through, and will begin posting pics soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

My kit arrives a week from today.
    I have anew camera/video outfit, and will be sorting out how to use it, and how to effectively post pictures to this forum over the next week or so.

Here's what I've got ordered/or in inventory in my shop:

QA1 coilovers; Type 65R coupe; Torsen 3.73:1 differential and rest of IRS bits; front race bumper and splitter, rear 1000 wing with uprights, canards, front and rear fender vents; Fuel Safe fuel cell; Wilwood 12.88" brakes front and rear (parking brake option on rear); TKO 500 trans w/ QuickTime bell housing' tubular front suspension pieces with FFR-supplied spindles; Forte motor (363 Dart block with AFR heads, Comp cam & valve train, 750 double-pumper Quick Fuel carb on an Edelbrock manifold, Quartermaster dual-disc clutch assembly); Aviaid 4-stage dry sump system; SPA fire suppression system.

I'm sure I have left some things off of the above list.

I have taken week after next off, so maybe I can keep work from interfering with my making a good bit of progress on this thing (for a change).

Stay tuned.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill, looks like my roadster is going to be on the same truck as yours, if your using Stewart Transport that is. My complete date was today also, talked to Jolene yesterday they are loading on Tuesday. Mine will the last of his stops as I'm on the left coast. If you could post some pics of your delivery, maybe get one of mine on the truck that would be awesome. Your build plan sound good, should be a screamer.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Paul; sure, I'll do my best. Best bet would be sending me a text-able phone # or your email address and I can shoot it straight to you from my phone while we're unloading. Based on the loading/delivery schedule you outline, I'm sure it's the same truck. My email address is [email protected] or text me at 770-823-1625.

You are going to love the Roadster with the package you list.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    So Don from Stewart comes from Wareham tomorrow 10-12 am. New computer on the way so I can process photos from new camera, so lots of links in the posting chain, the weakest of which is me.

Will start build part of thread when all that I sorted out.

Stay tuned.