Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Going to the June Open House

Post Thanks / Like

Going to the June Open House

I'm a guy that hasn't ordered my kit yet, but have already kicked off my project. I have virtually everything I can think of to complete the build, with the exception of the kit, now staged in my garage. My long block engine build is underway at my chosen engine builder's shop, and my plan is coming together nicely.

I had planned to take my family to the London show to get them emotionally attached to my project; however, now a business trip prevents me from going. A prominent member here, who is local'ish to me, offered to let us all come up to see his latest build (Thanks! I still would like to do that at some point this summer.). However, I wanted to get them to something with, I don't know, a massive presence let's say.

When talking with Mike Forte while ordering all my transmission hardware, he mentioned the June Open House. Now that the London show is out, I decided to use frequent flyer miles and Hilton Honor points to get my wife and I out to Massachusetts for this event (nice, in that it won't take funds out of the build kitty). I will be ordering the kit while I'm there, if it doesn't happen sooner.

I plan to talk with as many other FF Roadster owners as possible about the build process while there, and take lots of pictures of modifications if they look interesting. Ideas aplenty will be on display, I would guess.

It's going to be a short trip - effectively, we're there just for Saturday. So, for those of you that have been to Wareham previously (or Providence, RI, as that is where our hotel is), any recommendations for can't miss sites or activities? Other than the obvious Open House event, of course.

Ideas for scenic drives? An awesome restaurant? An evening car culture event?

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!
    --Curt

Post Thanks / Like
    You're still welcome to visit Lake Orion when/if you want. But we're planning now to attend the Open House in Wareham, so maybe we'll catch up with you there first. We have the time reserved and hotel reservations made. Just will depend on the weather forecast right up to the last minute. We went two years ago and had a great time. Can't give you too many suggestions about the area. The last time we stayed over and cruised Cape Cod for most of Sunday. It was a beautiful day for a drive with nice roads and beautiful scenery. Stopped for lunch at a local diner in a small town. My better half doesn't eat seafood, which is too bad since there's so many great places in the area. Others more familiar can give some specific recommendations. I don't know that actually ordering your kit at the Open House is the best plan. The FF team will be really busy with all the activities going on. The order process takes a little while to go through everything including the options, establishing a production date, etc. Doing that over the phone is probably the best choice or some other time in person when they aren't so busy. Make sure to take the plant tour. Dave usually gives it himself, and it's very interesting and enlightening.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been to FFR a couple times, starting with the day I picked up my kit back in 2009. I went back with my wife once about half-way through the build when she was in Boston on business for a couple weeks, so we had a weekend to spend exploring the area. Definitely make the trip over to the town of Plymouth and check out the rock. Lots of shopping there, some cool boats / ships docked there to view, and great food - I highly recommend the East Bay Grille right on the waterfront.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mach'er View Post
    I'm a guy that hasn't ordered my kit yet, but have already kicked off my project. I have virtually everything I can think of to complete the build, with the exception of the kit, now staged in my garage. My long block engine build is underway at my chosen engine builder's shop, and my plan is coming together nicely.

I had planned to take my family to the London show to get them emotionally attached to my project; however, now a business trip prevents me from going. A prominent member here, who is local'ish to me, offered to let us all come up to see his latest build (Thanks! I still would like to do that at some point this summer.). However, I wanted to get them to something with, I don't know, a massive presence let's say.

When talking with Mike Forte while ordering all my transmission hardware, he mentioned the June Open House. Now that the London show is out, I decided to use frequent flyer miles and Hilton Honor points to get my wife and I out to Massachusetts for this event (nice, in that it won't take funds out of the build kitty). I will be ordering the kit while I'm there, if it doesn't happen sooner.

I plan to talk with as many other FF Roadster owners as possible about the build process while there, and take lots of pictures of modifications if they look interesting. Ideas aplenty will be on display, I would guess.

It's going to be a short trip - effectively, we're there just for Saturday. So, for those of you that have been to Wareham previously (or Providence, RI, as that is where our hotel is), any recommendations for can't miss sites or activities? Other than the obvious Open House event, of course.

Ideas for scenic drives? An awesome restaurant? An evening car culture event?

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks!
    --Curt
    It is a great gathering of cars and Dave and crew put on a great show. Make sure you take the tour with Dave Smith so he can show you how your car will be made. maybe pick up some parts in the garage sale area. they always have floor mats, wind wings and visors ect you can pick up at less than website prices.

Make your way down to Plymouth. Go see the rock maybe take the ferry to martha's vinyard or nantucket.

Take time to meet all the forum guys too.

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

Post Thanks / Like
    East Bay in Plymouth is a GREAT place to eat! Drove 1100 miles to open house last year, and toured the area. You have to see the rock and the shops! There's so much history and beautiful scenery, too bad you don't have much time! But it will be a great time for the both of you! Enjoy yourselves!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!