BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: picture of fuel tank filler tube to fuel cap

Post Thanks / Like

picture of fuel tank filler tube to fuel cap

Does anyone have a picture of their installation of the new style fuel tank filler with the softer rubber?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a picture but I cut a 90 degree off from the supplied rubber to connect the metal filler tube to the tank. I cut a section of the straight to connect the metal tube to filler cap once the body was mounted.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to double check may have been a straight couple off the tank to filler tube. Either way you butcher up the rubber hose they give you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine227 View Post
    I will have to double check may have been a straight couple off the tank to filler tube. Either way you butcher up the rubber hose they give you.
    did you end up using the side with the 90 bend that the end is flared? does that have a use?

Post Thanks / Like
    No I didn't use the flare. Probably a good thing to point out in the next revision of the manual. If I recall the rubber hose is a shared part for the gtm we however hack it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for delay I just confirmed two straight bits cut from the wacky rubber bit. About 4 inches long from the tank to the end of the filler tube with a 90 bend and another 4ish inch section from filler tube to filler cap once body is installed. Clamp it on tight it's a tough spot to get to once you start adding engine and coolant tubes and brake lines don't want to have to fix a loose clamp on first fill up!