Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Poll Question: How Far will You Go?

Post Thanks / Like

Poll Question: How Far will You Go?

What is your average I want get out and cruse a little today distance?

How often do you take an over night trip? And how far will you go on a two day run?

From nor-cal I plan on running to Oregon a few times. I could plan some runs to AZ but a 15 hour shot one way might just about kill me off!

Any trips that you trailered because of the distance?

Post Thanks / Like
    We drive ours as much as we can given the 6-month driving season here in Michigan and the always changing weather. We average around 2,500 miles a year. That includes short hops around town doing errands, going to car shows, etc. For club events, not unusual to cruise 75-100 miles. Longest cruise we've done is about 150 miles. No problem, but with an open top if it's a warm sunny day, that's about it for us. We have a trailer, and for out of town events and road trips, we use the trailer. The main thing is it takes weather out of the equation. But no denying the tow vehicle with A/C, cruise, tunes, etc. is more comfortable to ride in than the Roadster. Especially for my wife who has some physical limitations. Then there's the matter of the limited trunk space in the Roadster and how much stuff we seem to need (!!) when taking a trip. There are owners with impressive miles on their cars, and don't shy away from long road trips. 15 hours though would be a long haul.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    For short "clear the head" drives on weekends or evenings, I try to keep it under 100 miles.

Longer day-trips tend to be around 400 - 500 round trip max.

Haven't done any overnighters with the FFR yet, but I'd say max would be around 600 - 800 total if I were to plan one.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a Factory Five at this time but soon to make the change.

2 weeks & 4,000 miles multiple times. Done 6-700 in a day. Rain (burbling exhaust and a bailing bucket), sun (lobster red), hot (105F), cold (4F); a day in a Cobra is a good day.

Preparation and attitude. You're gonna get wet, look for the rainbow.

Jim