FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anniversary Gauges?

Post Thanks / Like

Anniversary Gauges?

Are all the anniversary temp gauges in Celsius?
    I would like mine to be F if that is an option.
    FFR said C was the right gauge.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Anniversary gauges are Celsius as well. That's the common setup though. The Speedhut gauges on my previous build (#7750) also came in Celsius. I had the gauges on that build (water and oil) changed to Fahrenheit by Speedhut. Wasn't too expensive. I called and asked for the same on my Anniversary water temp gauge but they said they wouldn't duplicate the Anniversary marking. Claimed it was a copyright issue and I would have to work with FF. There was enough other things going on with the build that I dropped it and have gotten used to it. Since then though I've heard from at least one other Anniversary builder that Speedhut did duplicate their Anniversary marking, so perhaps they've changed their position since I talked to them.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not anniversary related but....I was thrown off with the Celsius also on my standard gauges. Does the needle position for the proper range of operation indicate the same whether its F or C?
    For example mine usually runs about 80 C which corresponds to about the 10 o'clock position. Do the gauges that are produced with the F scale show roughly a 10 o'clock position for the corresponding temp (176 F)? I know in the airplane I look at needle position to make a quick determination of operation and the actual number itself does not matter to me much as long as the needle is pointing in the right vicinity. Wondering if the same can apply here or if I switched to an F calibrated gauge would it be a different position?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Not anniversary related but....I was thrown off with the Celsius also on my standard gauges. Does the needle position for the proper range of operation indicate the same whether its F or C?
    For example mine usually runs about 80 C which corresponds to about the 10 o'clock position. Do the gauges that are produced with the F scale show roughly a 10 o'clock position for the corresponding temp (176 F)? I know in the airplane I look at needle position to make a quick determination of operation and the actual number itself does not matter to me much as long as the needle is pointing in the right vicinity. Wondering if the same can apply here or if I switched to an F calibrated gauge would it be a different position?
    Interesting question. No, the normal operating temp indication on the F scale gauges is a little different. For #7750, which had the Fahrenheit converted Speedhut gauges, normal water temp was basically straight up at the 12 o'clock position. This video from #7750 shows both the water and oil temp gauges they changed for me. Nothing was indicating at operating temp yet, but you can see where the numbers are.

https://youtu.be/_XlhVkixMjs
    Last edited by edwardb; 05-22-2017 at 08:01 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Are all the anniversary temp gauges in Celsius?
    I would like mine to be F if that is an option.
    FFR said C was the right gauge.
    Speedhut changed my Anniversary gauge to F no problem. They just had to change the face out. I think it was like $20 plus shipping. I also bought an oil temp gauge with the Anniversary markings so they may have cut me a deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think my small gauges have anniversary logo on them, although the background may be unique to the anniversary edition stuff.
    I guess I will add Speed Hut to my list of "to do".
    Thanks for the replies and help.
    Scott and Paul, I have been meaning to compliment you both of your beautiful cars. Both are very impressive.
    Russel, thanks for informing me of your experience with Spd Hut.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RRussellTx View Post
    Speedhut changed my Anniversary gauge to F no problem. They just had to change the face out. I think it was like $20 plus shipping. I also bought an oil temp gauge with the Anniversary markings so they may have cut me a deal.
    Same thing here. I had the anniversary gauges and had them change the Tach. and the temp. gauges with no issues. Speed Hut support is top notch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    I do not think my small gauges have anniversary logo on them, although the background may be unique to the anniversary edition stuff.
    I guess I will add Speed Hut to my list of "to do".
    Thanks for the replies and help.
    Scott and Paul, I have been meaning to compliment you both of your beautiful cars. Both are very impressive.
    Russel, thanks for informing me of your experience with Spd Hut.
    Thanks. I think if you look closely at your Anniversary gauges you'll see "MK4-XXX" in the upper half. Mine say "MK4-003" for being number 3 of 20. The gauge and background are the same as the stock gauges, but this marking is added. The tach and speedo add the "20th Anniversary 1995-2015" markings in addition to the "MK4-XXX." When I talked to Speedhut about getting the water temp gauge changed to Fahrenheit, they said they could but not with the "MK4-003" special marking. Sounds like others haven't had an issue. I agree their customer service is top notch. I've dealt with them several times and always with good results. Someone was either misinformed the day I called or they changed their policy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edwardb, thanks for the information. I spoke with Speedhut this morning. I was informed they could replace the face with F display and maintain any logo or numbers. I ask if they could add turn signal indicators and hi/low beam light on the Anniversary speedo. I hope the info I received was correct, because he said, no problem on everything. I got a reference number, which made me feel confident, it is possible. The indicator light will be LED.