Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear End Question

Post Thanks / Like

Rear End Question

Does anyone know of a quick change rear end that would be compatible with the Factory Five kit? Or would I have to basically custom make the mounting hardware?

Post Thanks / Like
    Check with Speedway. They might have something you can work with.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hmoody98 View Post
    Does anyone know of a quick change rear end that would be compatible with the Factory Five kit? Or would I have to basically custom make the mounting hardware?
    I have a Mark 3 with a Winters Quick Change installed. Trailing arm and coil over mounts from NASCAR tour car adapted easily. Mounting bracketry for upper link needs to be fabricated. Great selection of rotors and brakes, however emergency brake needs to be added. PM me with contact info and I can send details and picture if you have further interest.
    Steve
    358 SBC, Winters QC, Sweet mfg, Coleman, AP Racing, ARS, TKO 600, Fuel Safe

Post Thanks / Like
    I should have mentioned panhard bar and mounting hardware, bracket, etc is custom fabrication but can result in adjustable rear roll center height.
    Steve

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hmoody98 View Post

You will likely be on your own regarding the installation of a Quick Change Rear End; however, anything is possible with time, money and skill.
    It is my belief that it would be a lot easier to install a 6 Speed transmission then opting for a Quick Change Rear End set up.
    I'm set up with 3.73's so at 6,000 RPM's my car will be going roughly 124 MPH in 4th gear or the end of the 1,320.
    5th drops the RPM to 4,500, while 6th down to 2,940 RPM.
    Just an opinion from The Dark Side!

https://youtu.be/_wnHDNgnNqs

NOTE: My engine's operation range is from 2,300-to-6,500 RPM, so the car should be able to run at nearly any desired speed.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 05-23-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It will be tough because of the panhard bar support bracket. If you can get a measurement of how much longer toward the back a quick change is, someone may be able to measure to see if it will fit. While not as quick, there have been several people who install a 9 inch axle. that way you could have alternate center sections to swap out.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The back of the case on a quick change measures 12" from the center of axle. Quick change rears are noisy, so keep that in mind.

Adding an IRS would be a much better addition. That's possible with a quick change too, but then you're looking at really big bucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The question i would ask, is why do you want a quick change? I see you mentioned it a year ago. So you have thought alot about it. I thought a quick change rear is usually for racing to fine tune the RPM's for the track conditions at the time? I dont know how much the quick change set up would cost, but would tire size be easier and more efficient to adjust?

Sorry if I missed something and you do want it for racing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveS53 View Post
    The back of the case on a quick change measures 12" from the center of axle. Quick change rears are noisy, so keep that in mind.
    No way that will fit. Heck it might not even clear the gas tank.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 22 gal fuel cell in F5 cradle and fits with just enough room to remove cover and change gears. I do need to shorten upper link a few turns however. Helical gears quiet it some for the street.
    Steve