BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Four Factory Fives Rock UTCC! Two Under 2:00!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Four Factory Fives Rock UTCC! Two Under 2:00!

Two Factory Fives Finish in Top 10 and Under 2 Minutes at UTCC!

In “Star Wars,” Han Solo says about the Millennium Falcon, “It’s the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs.” Running under 2 minutes at Virginia International Raceway is kind of like that.

This past weeks at the Ultimate Track Car Challenge at VIR, two Factory Five cars ran faster than 2 minute lap times and finished in the Top 10! This is huge accomplishment, and it wasn’t done with mega-buck race cars, but with modestly built Factory Fives and great drivers.

Factory Five customer John George finished 8th overall running a blistering 1:58.985 in his brand-new Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe-R. The video above is John’s fast lap.

John George at speed. Photo by Ken Neher.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Factory Five customer Wayne Presley driving the Factory Five 818R beat the 2 minute mark by a tenth of a second running 1:59.900! Wayne’s car could out accelerate the new Coupe as it had a higher HP/WT ratio. Watch the video and you can hear the cool “Whoosh!” of the turbo.

Wayne Presley at speed. Photo by Ken Neher.

John’s Coupe was built this past winter and is the very first R-version Coupe.

Wayne was asked to prep and drive Factory Five’s demo race 818R. He did a fantastic job getting the car put together, sorted, and accomplished the tough goal of running under 2-minutes.

Factory Five customer Trevor Poquette ran a 2:01.808 in his race-prepped Factory Five Mk4 Roadster to finish 12th overall!

Customer Austin Nally rounded out four fast Factory Fives and ran a very fast 2:05.563 in his Factory Five Challenge Car.

Mark Dougherty and Brendan worked crew for all four Factory Five cars.

John George’s #48 Type 65 Coupe-R (above) and Austin Nally’s beautiful red #01 Challenge Car (below).
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Driver John George (right) with crew Brendan Dougherty.

Driver, mechanic, and crew Wayne Presley who runs VeryCoolParts.com.

Factory Five Director of R&D and race head Jim Schenck.

The crew was up late the night before unloading cars, doing tech, and prepping for race day.

Final results from the 2017 Ultimate Track Car Challenge.

These are the fastest road racing cars in the country. It would be impressive enough to be in the Top 25, but being in there in a car you build yourself is remarkable! Factory Fives are capable of running with the fastest cars out there.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I had a blast and enjoyed almost every minute of the prep and track time in the 818R. It handled great and I could put it anywhere on the track I wanted. It was so good that I was still exploring the limits when the last session ended and I know there is another couple if not 3 seconds a lap faster in the car.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the spectacular results! And, thanks. When I saw my 818 in my garage this morning it looked even better than before!
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    well Done guys
    as a side note
    It was Brendans first days actually driving on a road coarse also. In HPDE 1
    In Johns car, what a way to start out.

Austin eventually got into the 203's on sunday.
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nicely done all 4 drivers and crews!
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.