Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Power Steering Mount on Coyote

Post Thanks / Like

Power Steering Mount on Coyote

Since I was able to get my engine on an engine stand, I have been installing sensors, motor mounts, etc.
    Today while mounting the power steering pump, I ran into an issue. There is an alum lug on the engine that prevents the FF pump mounts from seating against the block. I can burn out part of the plate steel mount or cut off the lug/tab. I have attached a picture of the offending part. Did other Coyote users encounter this? I also posted a pic of some brackets my brother built for lifting my engine.
    DSCN3711.JPGDSCN3712.JPG
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    The power steering bracket should fit without interfering with that mount. But if you feel better cutting it off, go ahead,
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroad View Post
    Since I was able to get my engine on an engine stand, I have been installing sensors, motor mounts, etc.
    Today while mounting the power steering pump, I ran into an issue. There is an alum lug on the engine that prevents the FF pump mounts from seating against the block. I can burn out part of the plate steel mount or cut off the lug/tab. I have attached a picture of the offending part. Did other Coyote users encounter this? I also posted a pic of some brackets my brother built for lifting my engine.
    DSCN3711.JPGDSCN3712.JPG
    Mine fit around that with no problem. That kind of sits in between the 2 mounting plates that are sandwiched around the pump. I did have to manuever the pump into position around it but once I did that it sits perfectly flat.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to ask FF about this, too. Was trying to bring the mount directly to the block in line with the bolt direction, but it won't fit that way. You have to pull the bolts out a bit, slide the plate in sideways so the block boss fits between the plates, then push the bolts in and thread 'em. It's obvious once you do it once, but sure had me scratching my head!

Post Thanks / Like
    That boss sticks out quite a bit further than the one on my 15/16 Coyote - I see you have the A50XS. Hopefully it will still fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I feel confident I can get it now, did not have time today, had to shoot skeet and 5 stand. Someone has to break those birds before they take over.
    20th Anniversary Mk IV, A50XS Coyote, TKO 600, Trunk Drop Box, Trunk Battery Box, Cubby Hole, Seat Heaters, Radiator hanger and shroud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you need to pull the motor to mount the system?
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
    Do you need to pull the motor to mount the system?
    No
    I've changed my pump out since the motor has been in the car. Pretty good access from underneath for getting the bolts out. Couldn't get the assembly to come out the bottom and lifted it out from the top once unbolted. I have the forward battery tray though. If that weren't in the way I think it could have come out from underneath in that space.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15