Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Announcing the arrival of Fidget (#1006)

Post Thanks / Like

Announcing the arrival of Fidget (#1006)

So on Saturday Jerry showed up in the FFR Semi and delivered the stage one hot rod currently named Fidget.

Here is the customary photo of the truck.

20170527_171229.jpg

We had to walk it down an alley to get it into the garage but the boxes and frame got there with no problems.

20170527_173952.jpg

The wife and I, along with the help of my son who was in town for the weekend, completed the inventory. Almost everything was there and only missing a few small items.

What surprised me was no steering wheel and no exhaust. Courtnie said they are both part of stage two. Seems like stage one would include everything needed to go cart and exhaust and a steering wheel would be fairly important to that.

Tim
    Last edited by TDSapp; 05-30-2017 at 11:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    What surprised me was no steering wheel and no exhaust. Courtnie said they are both part of stage two. Seems like stage one would include everything needed to go cart and exhaust and a steering wheel would be fairly important to that.
    Yeah, I originally thought the same thing, but I asked before order so I wasn't let down by that news. At least the wiring loom is in Stage 1 now - I was told it wasn't the very first time I asked about stage 1 contents. So we can start and kinda-gokart, albeit with mole grips for a steering wheel and a loud engine
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just threw a cheap 3 bolt wheel and adapter on the column until I got things finalized. It would be nicer to have the Stage 1 and 2 kits more aligned with the manual and assembly sequence though. Good Luck with the new adventure!

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    After thought, You really do want to do the exhaust before the sheet metal. It is so much easier to work from the top!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    After thought, You really do want to do the exhaust before the sheet metal. It is so much easier to work from the top!
    That's what I was thinking... Plus just how loud is the open exhaust going to be when starting the motor for the first time? I have ran the motor with just open headers and I can tell you that it is LOUD! It sounds loud enough to make your ears bleed.

Why should I have to buy a steering wheel just to buy a second one when the body comes? If I have to go that route I am going to buy a cool steering wheel and cancel the FFR wheel for credit. They will be losing on the advertising of having the FFR logo on my steering wheel where ever I go.

I might end up doing the same with the exhaust and cancel it when stage two is ordered. I have a local exhaust shop that has done some great work for me before and they really enjoy it when a car shows up that they are not just installing a fart can on. When I had the exhaust and electric cut outs put on my 89 Vette the owner of the shop came out and did it himself because he said "That on is going to be fun!" Probably a good time to get some oval pipe through the frame for a better breathing exhaust.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Installing the exhaust prior to the sheet metal is one of the suggestions at the build school.

They also connected the brackets different so you have access to the u-bolt clamps from under the car.
    exhaust1.jpg exhaust2.jpg exhaust3.jpg