Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Looking for owners with experience in obtaining a title in Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for owners with experience in obtaining a title in Arkansas

I am a retired academic but car nut from childhood. Retired from the University of Arkansas in 2010 and now build cars for others. Last two builds were a 54 Chevrolet Bel Air restomod and a 64 Galaxy 500. Current build in progress is a 57 Triumph TR3. Early on raced a 65 Mustang and built a Sting Ray for my brother to race. Also sports cars, a 63 XKE, a 64 Alpha Romeo Julia Spyder, a TR4 and two TR6's. My youngest daughter and I are seriously considering a FF33 but having a pretty severe journey in obtaining a title for the 54, am worried about getting an Arkansas title. Looking for Advice.

Collis Geren

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This may help. Can't guarantee it's accurate for every state, but it's a starting point.

http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?cont...olbox&g=SEMAGA

Most states will need complete documentation of where the parts came from and how much they cost, so they can be sure you paid sales tax and it establishes the minimum value so they can charge plenty of property tax. A safety inspection is always part of the process. Usually the car has to be trailered to the inspection sight, which is a pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Arkansas is very easy, if you don't have the title you can buy a bonded title for $150 or so, basically it gives the original owner 3 years to claim it, then its yours. Ask the Revenue office for a bonded title form, or better call Little Rock...sometimes the local offices don't know or don't want to get involved. It's a painless process.
    MK IV complete Kit - 1st time builder started Sept 2016
    Levy 306
    T5
    2015 Mustang IRS
    Power steering - Levy setup, Breeze roll bars, Thompson trunk box
    fuel injection, powder coating, sway bars, heater, wipers, 17 in wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    I did it a few years ago. Just needed the MSO and a receipt for the kit. Taxed on the price of the kit only. They were not interested in other receipts. No inspection. You don't even have to unpack the pieces before you title it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to read. I just received my 33 Monday here in Little Rock and looking forward to the experience.