Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coupe 669 Graduation

Post Thanks / Like

Coupe 669 Graduation

Well it is finally time to graduate this car.... I almost never post over here since trying to maintain two threads seemed overwhelming. I thought it would be ok to graduate her here though.

it has been pretty much done since last spring after the paint was complete but I still was fiddling with the carpet and my backup camera.

And... yeah the sidepipes need help but I wear it as a badge of honor since all of that happened at a track day when I was really working the engine out....otherwise they stayed back....ceramic coating is on the way this winter.

Ok The specs.....

Engine - 2014 Coyote - stock with the exception of a Tune from Bamatune
    The engine was moved ~2.5 inches forward by slotting the engine mounts and spinning the motor mounts (Thanks for the idea Mark D!!)
    Exhaust - GP headers roadster header with 4 into 4 changed to a 4 in 1 3" v-band flange
    The rest of the exhaust is custom3" mandrel bent tube with turbo tube mufflers added.
    Transmission - TKO600 with tall 5th gear... I do love that choice...highway cruising is 70mph @2000rpm
    - Rear mounted shift position but with the engine moved forward it sits where a mid mount would be.

Rear End - Lincoln 8.8 aluminum diff with 3.27 final drive and Eaton TruTrac differential

Wheels/Tires - Cobra 10th anniversary 17" wheels with Nitto NT05 tires 275/45/17 and 315/35/17

No power steering or brakes

Brakes - FF 6 Piston Wilwoods
    - Forte 4 piston rear Wilwoods with internal parking brake

Aluminum - Storage area below rear hatch above fuel tank
    - 2BKing Coyote aluminum panels
    - Squared off firewall making it much larger and able to completely house the AC/Heat unit
    - Since I moved the engine forward I did not have to touch the passenger foot well at all
    - Almost all panels powdercoated gunmetal gray or crinkle black
    - Headlight bucket aluminum panels made to cover the hole in front of the wheels
    - Fat Mat used pretty much everywhere

Interior/Electronics
    - Digital Guard Dawg RFID start system
    - Southern Hot Rods Air Conditioning
    - Defrost vents & 2 heat/AC vents per seat.
    - Bluetooth OBDII scanner feeding a Galaxy Tablet
    - License plate mounted backup camera feeding a WiFi transmitter to the Tablet
    - 35lb door actuators wired into Digital Guard Dawg keyfob
    - LED brake and turn signals and LED headlights
    - Signal Dynamics turn signal kit including the mod to use all 4 rear lights as brake lights
    I have 2 momentary push buttons that control left and right turn signals
    - 1 Roca marine wiper for the drivers side... AC and Coyote ECU prevented a passenger wiper.

Paint/Bodywork
    - Molded in Spoiler
    - Vent cutouts on the rear were filled in
    - passenger wiper mount was removed
    - back side undercoated with truck bed liner with the exception of part of the hood that was painted body color
    - Hood roundel and stripes painted in and then clear coated until there is no transition in the paint
    - Toyota Inferno Orange (4XO) with Gloss Black
    - Paint work done by Gary Correia of Albany Oregon
    - Quality headliner installed prior to body installation

So what did the whole thing cost you ask.... well I am happy to share that with anyone interested. I will say that I posted a thread well over a year ago "how-you-spend-50k-unpainted-coupe" that lays out a good amount of it.... but there has been much more since.

Well I am sure I will think of more to say but here are the pics...

Last edited by SeattleDad; 06-22-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great and congratulations! Well done.

Thinking of doing a coupe next and starting to read and learn more about them. It may not even apply to the Gen 3 but can you speak about your reasons and decision to move the engine forward? Pros/cons? First I've heard of anyone doing that and I'd like to learn about it.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Looks great and congratulations! Well done.

Thinking of doing a coupe next and starting to read and learn more about them. It may not even apply to the Gen 3 but can you speak about your reasons and decision to move the engine forward? Pros/cons? First I've heard of anyone doing that and I'd like to learn about it.
    If you do not move the engine you have to dig into the corner of the passenger foot well. I decided I would rather spin the motor mounts and notch the engine mount to move the engine ~2.5 inches forward. It also gave the added bonus of some more room behind the engine for a much bigger firewall I created.

Lastly I have TKO-600 with the standard rear shift point and look where it ends up!! right where you would put the mid shift

Post Thanks / Like
    Seattle the car looks fantastic. Love the background location. Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much

...downtown Tacoma is an older city with lots of industrial stuff.... great place to be and great place for pictures..

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A Big Congratulations From The Swamplands Of Louisiana!

Great Job & I Love The Blacked Out 10th Anniversary Wheels!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-04-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, congrats! Now drive it out to the open house so we can see it.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks great. How did you get them to close the bridge for your photo shoot?
    Chris
    If it's too LOUD....you're too OLD!!

Build Site >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/51103049@N00/collections/

FFR#0441CP Complete Coupe kit, IRS, T-5, 392ci 351W, Webers, Delivered 4/29/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Michael! I've followed your build posts from day one and will be following your lead on several fronts.
    Gen 2 Type 65 Coupe. Gen 2 Coyote. T-bird IRS. 3.55 Torsen diff.
    Find me at "Team Limer" on Facebook
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/750619...7668366966791/
    Rally North America "Team Limer"
    https://www.classy.org/team/464751

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done, Michael! Beautiful car and awesome build!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CJBergquist View Post
    Car looks great. How did you get them to close the bridge for your photo shoot?
    Thanks Chris.... the old bridge only goes to the waterfront industrial area..... the Friday before a 3 day weekend no one was on the bridge... I seriously considered parking it across the road and would have if I had another person to take the photo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats... All of your hard work has paid off - you have a gorgeous car.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    SD, your car looks great and you have some great upgrades. Now for the fun of lots of miles/

Regards, Mike
    Coupe 258, picked up Mar 11-06, The Jones build site

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw it when it was displayed at Griot's Garage; even more stunning in person! Very nicely done!

Post Thanks / Like
    There's not much I can say that hasn't been said already; congratulations and thanks for posting this over here. Also, the attention to detail is obvious and outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,
    Congratulations very job you did, love the photos. I saw the car in person when you had it at Griot's Garage and we talked for a bit. Would love to see it in person again and look it over. Just ordered my kit and have Gen2 Coyote sitting in the garage. I give you a ring maybe your free this weekend. Once again that car is beautiful!!
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a great looking coupe, great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Exhaust?? What mufflers, etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by plschulten View Post
    Exhaust?? What mufflers, etc
    Thank for all of the comments!!

I added the exhaust info to the graduation post

Exhaust - GP headers roadster header with 4 into 4 changed to a 4 in 1 3" v-band flange
    The rest of the exhaust is custom3" mandrel bent tube with turbo tube mufflers added.

The turbo tube mufflers are cheap and work great .. they are perforated steel so no packing to fail.