Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Australian Agent for Factory Five

Post Thanks / Like

Australian Agent for Factory Five

I would like to know who is the official Factory Five agent in Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    May I ask this question again?.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Barrel, IMO you are best to deal directly with FFR. There is an agent (dealer) in Perth, however any time that I had contact - it was easier to discuss and order directly from FFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Junty but that Perth agent no longer operates, but there is now a guy in Melbourne who runs a business called Factory Five Racing Australia. I checked it out with the FFR webmaster who's reply was that the name didn't sound familiar but he would check it out with the "guys on the floor". That was the last I heard from FFR and that was months ago. FFR's response to a genuine enquiry from an Australian builder has been dismissive to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings Barrel, I have just returned from Perth back to NZ and can confirm that Component Cars do not appear to be in existence any longer. They have vacated their building and it has new occupants. Their web site cannot be found and their phone does not operate. The local Cobra Club also confirmed they just disappeared earlier in the year. All inquiries for FFR in Australia now refer to FFR in USA. Bit disappointing as I wanted to discuss some aspects with them whilr I wait for my order to arrive in New Zealand. I hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I can help you my company is called Motordrives Australia PTY LTD we run the web site you are talking about our number is 0393124722 . Have you ordered s kit yet ?

Mod edit:
    Looking at your profile, I see that you're building a '33 so I'll not delete this post. However, before you continue to post about your company I'd like you to read this: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/conte...rs-Information and become a Supporting Vendor.

Ray
    Last edited by Ray; 07-10-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: add vendor information

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUCOBKIWI View Post
    Greetings Barrel, I have just returned from Perth back to NZ and can confirm that Component Cars do not appear to be in existence any longer. They have vacated their building and it has new occupants. Their web site cannot be found and their phone does not operate. The local Cobra Club also confirmed they just disappeared earlier in the year. All inquiries for FFR in Australia now refer to FFR in USA. Bit disappointing as I wanted to discuss some aspects with them whilr I wait for my order to arrive in New Zealand. I hope this helps
    I'm in NZ, and wanted to order an 818C, but can't without lining up shiping.

My build questions on the 818 are about the JDM Subarus. The STI from 2000-2003 didn't have DCCD, so should be able to use the '06-'07 adapter with the older 6-speed. At least that was my thought. Older STI's without DCCD are pretty cheap, especially if they've been illegally lowered and have an illegal exhaust. Nobody wants those headaches, and presumes the cars were abused. Hence the lower price. And with so many WRXs around, getting the STI incompatible WRX parts from a car yard is easy. Except the wiring harness, but I hear people buy a 3rd party harness anyway.

Though all that work, it seems easier to put together it with the stock WRX and following the basic directions, and if that works, and I want more, then do engine swaps/builds and work on the 6-speed.

But trying to get the kit here for a reasonable price is my current hurdle. How are you getting yours here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Marc, I'm from Hamilton NZ, I built an 818s in 2014/15. Its been road legal in NZ with 2012 WRX 2.5L engine donor since 2015. I have spent a considerable time trying to make the gears better. I would go near a 6 speed. Yes they are stronger - but when you have an 835kg car in any gear it reaches redline faster than you can imagine. Six speed just slows you down having to change more frequently. I've actually now got a 3.9 Final Drive legacy gear box. 5 speed, but in the Drift, Rally or NZ motorsport scene nobody wants these. You can get a very low km one from a wrecker in NZ for $50-100 each. It would appear that most in NZ want 4.4 final drives. The 3.9 means I reach a much taller gear sooner and 3rd is now amazing - pulls really well. Maybe my 2.5L does have a much higher torque?

Post Thanks / Like
    PM me and I can put you in touch with the shipping firm i used. Shipping to NZ and added GST does add a lot for us kiwi's

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junty View Post
    Hey Marc, I'm from Hamilton NZ, I built an 818s in 2014/15. Its been road legal in NZ with 2012 WRX 2.5L engine donor since 2015. I have spent a considerable time trying to make the gears better. I would go near a 6 speed. Yes they are stronger - but when you have an 835kg car in any gear it reaches redline faster than you can imagine. Six speed just slows you down having to change more frequently. I've actually now got a 3.9 Final Drive legacy gear box. 5 speed, but in the Drift, Rally or NZ motorsport scene nobody wants these. You can get a very low km one from a wrecker in NZ for $50-100 each. It would appear that most in NZ want 4.4 final drives. The 3.9 means I reach a much taller gear sooner and 3rd is now amazing - pulls really well. Maybe my 2.5L does have a much higher torque?
    So you had multiple donor cars? EJ207/EJ25 engines are common here, both rebuilds and used from Japan, for a swap later, once I have it built. My concern was people complaining about about the reliability of the 5-speed. But the plan now is use the parts from a stock WRX, and if there's an issue, deal with it after it happens.