Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: radiator overflow

Post Thanks / Like

radiator overflow

How much does the engine move with the FFR engine mounts? I have a 351w block, so I am looking for a little larger over flow tank. The one I have is 3inch in diameter. But it comes with in an Inch of the alternator. Anyone see this as a problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    My big block moves quite a bit. Where the original overflow bottle was mounted, there was plenty of room for it to be there without hitting..but it was too small for my 429 so I had to get a bigger one, and relocated it. An inch is a bit tight for my liking, but i don't think it will hit when the motor torques over.

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be close but I'd run it and see. If it's just the alt body no immediate big deal if it does hit. If it hits the pulley or fan, still no immediate problem. Worst case, even if it were to cut through, you don't need that coolant until the engine is cooling down.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 351W and a taller expansion tank mounted close to alternator. Like 3/4". It doesn't touch when engine is moving.
    Finally started my build the beginning July. 2015!