Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 289 kit has been ordered!

Post Thanks / Like

289 kit has been ordered!

Took the plunge a little earlier than i had planned and placed an order today for a 289 kit. Very excited to build another factory five.

Kit options:
    Complete 289 kit
    Powder coated frame
    Body cutouts
    Low back vintage race seats
    Wind wings
    assembled side louvers
    Oil cooler kit
    FIA trunk
    Rear brake kit

Initial plans are a tribute to the #146 Dan Gurney, CSX2323. Not going for 100% accuracy, but a nice tribute.

Engine will be a mild 5.0, ~350-400hp, using either FITECH fuel injection or if the budget allows stack injection. I'd like to go with a T5 transmission, but will have to come up with some type of midshift. I wish a vendor would come up with a T5 midshift kit.

csx2323.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Welcome to the community.
    I am presently doing the rough-in bodywork on a 289 FIA #8955. 65' 289 Hi Po built more than it was stock but not too radical, BW 4sp trans, 94T bird IRS. I've only driven it once about 1/2 mile so far as a go kart, but it is going to be a hoot. There are few differences with the 289, ask for the 289 supplemental instructions if you didn't receive them. There is a front lower tube body mount that is entirely different, and the fuel filler routing is different. Door latch mounts on mine required a plate to be fab'd and welded to the rear B post tube due to the cut back doors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
    Congrats! Welcome to the community.
    I am presently doing the rough-in bodywork on a 289 FIA #8955. 65' 289 Hi Po built more than it was stock but not too radical, BW 4sp trans, 94T bird IRS. I've only driven it once about 1/2 mile so far as a go kart, but it is going to be a hoot. There are few differences with the 289, ask for the 289 supplemental instructions if you didn't receive them. There is a front lower tube body mount that is entirely different, and the fuel filler routing is different. Door latch mounts on mine required a plate to be fab'd and welded to the rear B post tube due to the cut back doors.
    Thanks! I figured there would be a few differences. Built FFR5015 about 12 years ago and I'm excited to jump into another build.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations & Welcome Aboard!
    I totally get the CSX2323 concept because I'm going for the look of CSX3178, minus the black J-Style roll bar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool, congrats!
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great and welcome to this great family! I too have the 289 FIA and am working on the assembly as we speak. There are few of us with the 289!!! Best of luck to you.

Petaluma, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!