Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Go-Dad-Go Chevy Cobra Came To Life Today!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yama-Bro View Post
    Congrats! An glad to hear you can still count to 21 =)
    It Is How We Chevy Guys Are Able To Play Black Jack!

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve and I have discussed and commiserated about his wounded pinkie at great length offline. Thankfully he's healing well He's still LOTS smarter than me---I've cut the same finger off twice. Yeah, you heard that right

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep - I've seen it first hand and he did a number on it, but was very blessed to have skilled medical attention. While I know it's killing him not being able to work on the Cobra more, I'm sure his lovely wife is finally getting him to take of what he can around the house!!

I give Steve tons of crap for his Chevy, but if you ever get to see the build live you will know that it is top quality and may make you forget about the brand.
    Mk4 #8340, 351w/427, 3-link, Wilwood 4 piston rear brakes, 3.27 gear, TKO600, delivered June 18th, 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smithbks View Post
    ...I give Steve tons of crap for his Chevy, but if you ever get to see the build live you will know that it is top quality and may make you forget about the brand.
    Oh I forgot about the brand long ago, and don't object to whatever he or anyone else wants to put in one---I just like to give Steve a hard time simply for the sport of it (and because he likes giving it back)

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve-

WOW, that had to hurt! I am pleased that it wasn't worse, and that you are healing. I know it can be frustrating being forced to wait -- or at least slow down -- working on the car, I have a hunch you will be back at it with a vengeance soon!

I look forward to your next updates, and seeing what lies in store for the Chevy bandit... Get well Steve!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Steve. It is fun watching your build progress. I hope the tropical storm heading your way does not cause any damage. Stay safe.
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMOCO View Post
    Great job Steve. It is fun watching your build progress. I hope the tropical storm heading your way does not cause any damage. Stay safe.
    The wind and rain are not all that bad; however, the Wind Driven Tide has become a bigger issue to deal with ever since Katrina. (August 2005)
    Our normal Lunar High Tide is at 6:00 PM tonight, but the range is only about 7-9 more inches so right now we've got about 12" left before the water gets the slab under the house.
    At this point the streets are now flooded, the Cobra and wife's Challenger have been jacked and our other cars have been moved to higher ground.
    We are just doing our normal pick up of the workshop routine and watching for snakes, specifically Water Moccasins aka the The Cotton Mouth.
    Man This Stuff Is Getting Old Because I Only Like Paddling My Pirogue During Duck Season!

http://www.pirogue.com/
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-21-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Hey Gang,

The Go-Dad-Go Chevy Cobra Came To Life Today!
    I had some medical delays, the worst was severing my left pinkie and boogering up my ring and middle fingers as well, so that is why we've had a delay getting to our 1st start.
    The good news is that I'm on the mend plus I can still count to 10 when I'm fully clothed, 20 with my shoes off and 21 when I'm in the shower. (Yea!)
    Anyway, we are really thrilled to post these three videos showing that you really can stuff a Small Block Chevy with a 6-speed transmission in a Factory Five MK-4 Roadster.
    So far we've put about 3-4 miles on our High Powered Go-Kart and the police have yet to arrive at Camp Go-Dad-Go!
    The mufflers in the video are just to knock the sound down until we get to the next phase of the project.

https://youtu.be/p-pvogd2Bj8
    https://youtu.be/I86I7a_x9W0
    https://youtu.be/BcsVu80VG5k

Steve

PS: You can see my Dr. Evil Pinkie sticking up in the last video if you look really close.
    Good job, a the true cobra was born (can of worms), or at least what Shelby would have built if GM hadn't turned him down. Just finishing an old school SBC 400 shp 4.125 bore. A mild build, around 500HP for my 33. It must be great to bring one of these creatures to life. Can't wait.

TomH33

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomH33 View Post
    Good job, a the true cobra was born (can of worms), or at least what Shelby would have built if GM hadn't turned him down. Just finishing an old school SBC 400 shp 4.125 bore. A mild build, around 500HP for my 33. It must be great to bring one of these creatures to life. Can't wait.

TomH33
    TomH33,

Thanks-O-Million!

Just be careful with that 33 since it will be powered by a 400 SBC, which I believe will have a lot more horsepower than my car.
    Though I don't know what the horse power is for my 383, I suspect that is some place between 420-440 range, but maybe a tad more or less.
    My engine and transmission specs are on my profile if you want to compare notes.

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-21-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The wind and rain are not all that bad; however, the Wind Driven Tide has become a bigger issue to deal with ever since Katrina. (August 2005)
    Our normal Lunar High Tide is at 6:00 PM tonight, but the range is only about 7-9 more inches so right now we've got about 12" left before the water gets the slab under the house.
    At this point the streets are now flooded, the Cobra and wife's Challenger have been jacked and our other cars have been moved to higher ground.
    We are just doing our normal pick up of the workshop routine and watching for snakes, specifically Water Moccasins aka the The Cotton Mouth.
    Man This Stuff Is Getting Old Because I Only Like Paddling My Pirogue During Duck Season!

http://www.pirogue.com/
    I don't like spiders and snakes (or gators) Guess that's why I live at over a mile high. Biggest threat here are Cougars and I've never seen one though they are around. They prowl when I sleep

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve,

Lots of nice details on your car. The engine sounds great and you will get used to the HP/weight thing quickly. You only steer with your left hand, so no problem. Thanks for sharing your first start and first ride.

Glen
    Coupe 0652 408 Windsor 510 hp TKO600-68OD 3.73 Traction-lok A/C and heat, Guardsman Blue with White stripes picked up 9/14 first start 7/10/15 go kart 8/15/15 registered, painted (body-on) 11/12/16 inspected and on the road 4/20/17

Post Thanks / Like
    Great build Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GSides9 View Post
    Steve,

Lots of nice details on your car. The engine sounds great and you will get used to the HP/weight thing quickly. You only steer with your left hand, so no problem. Thanks for sharing your first start and first ride.

Glen
    My left hand has some issues right now so:

I Just Ordered An H.E.I. Compatible Rev Limiter From Speedway Just In Case I Gets Carried Away!

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/MSD-87...ck,107333.html
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-23-2017 at 07:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrp View Post
    Great build Steve

Thanks-O-Million!

I Am Really Trying To Get It Right The 1st Time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adubbelde View Post
    I don't like spiders and snakes (or gators) Guess that's why I live at over a mile high. Biggest threat here are Cougars and I've never seen one though they are around. They prowl when I sleep
    Water went down this morning and like you I'm not a fan of spiders and snakes, Except Factory Five Cobra Replicas!

PS:
    Gators Taste Great If Taken Smaller Than 5'0"!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-23-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Water went down this morning and like you I'm not a fan of spiders and snakes, Except Factory Five Cobra Replicas!

PS:
    Gators Taste Great If Taken Smaller Than 5'0"!
    I'll have to take your word as no gator shall ever pass my lips. ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Your car sounds great. What brand/ model are your temporary mufflers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vspeeds View Post
    Your car sounds great. What brand/ model are your temporary mufflers?
    It's a (Fake) 3" Flowmaster Super 10 Style Single Chamber Muffler that I got off of E-Bay for around $40.00 per pair.
    They knock the sound down enough to be tolerable because the car is over the top obnoxious without them.
    If they were going to be a permanent part of the car, I'd have purchased (Real) Flowmasters.
    The model number was PER-101.

Post Thanks / Like
    Inspiring. I cannot wait to get there!

Post Thanks / Like
    He should put it on the steering wherl
    Mk4 # 8834 delivered 03/20/16 2015 IRS wildwood brake upgrade, 18"x9" front 18"X11" rear halibrand wheels, 390 FE, tko600

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12